MAINLINE, THE IMMEDIATE, ABSENT KID - CrawDaddy - Thurs 21st april (1 Viewer)

never heard mainline but i don't agree with the prevailing indie shmindie opinion that you can't have an image. the beatles were clones of each other. so were the supremes. bowie was mad into image. do you have to look shit to be taken seriously these days. nothing wrong wilth having an image so long as you have the tunes to back it up.

Dromed said:
Ohhhh handbags at dawn .......are the little ladies of Thumped getting their knickers in a knot all of a sudden?

...Ahh don't you just love the smell of fresh Irish bitterness in the morning?

...my god who got out of the wrong side of the bed and then fu cked your mother??? What's the problem....Mainline look a certain way and sound a certain way...you don't like it? don't go and spend money watching them....ahh but then apparantly you already have. Apparantly you like spending money on stuff you dislike..in a torturous kind of way. There are more interesting ways of doing that ...it's called S&M. Well, it's either that or you haven't actually seen the band playing, in which case you're a complete imbecile that doesn't know what your talking about. Besides...if they are so shite why did Loog put out a record for them..?

As for Humanzi.....Humanzi haven't so much as opened their mouths about what they are doing.. and already you little wank bag muppets are spreading your bitterness all over the internet because you've nothing better to do.

Let it go lads...if these bands are as sh it as you proclaim then no one will be putting any money into them and they wont be getting any gigs and therefore will shortly disappear and you wont have to worry about it anymore. On the other hand if the opposite happens and they make a success of what they are doing..then your argument is null and void. I'm really disappointed that you honestly have nothing better to use in an argument then slagging off someone's haircut?

That's unfortunate.

that made me smile out loud. hehe

Dromed said:
Ohhhh handbags at dawn .......are the little ladies of Thumped getting their knickers in a knot all of a sudden?

...Ahh don't you just love the smell of fresh Irish bitterness in the morning?

...my god who got out of the wrong side of the bed and then fu cked your mother??? What's the problem....Mainline look a certain way and sound a certain way...you don't like it? don't go and spend money watching them....ahh but then apparantly you already have. Apparantly you like spending money on stuff you dislike..in a torturous kind of way. There are more interesting ways of doing that ...it's called S&M. Well, it's either that or you haven't actually seen the band playing, in which case you're a complete imbecile that doesn't know what your talking about. Besides...if they are so shite why did Loog put out a record for them..?

As for Humanzi.....Humanzi haven't so much as opened their mouths about what they are doing.. and already you little wank bag muppets are spreading your bitterness all over the internet because you've nothing better to do.

Let it go lads...if these bands are as sh it as you proclaim then no one will be putting any money into them and they wont be getting any gigs and therefore will shortly disappear and you wont have to worry about it anymore. On the other hand if the opposite happens and they make a success of what they are doing..then your argument is null and void. I'm really disappointed that you honestly have nothing better to use in an argument then slagging off someone's haircut?

That's unfortunate.

Ha. Remember when Thumped used to be like this all the time? Smilez.

Mainline are shit. It's like a scientific equation. Shit = Mainline. That's not bitterness (there are far more worthy things to be 'bitter' about). It's stating the obvious.

ITalkShite said:
Ha. Remember when Thumped used to be like this all the time? Smilez.

Mainline are shit. It's like a scientific equation. Shit = Mainline. That's not bitterness (there are far more worthy things to be 'bitter' about). It's stating the obvious.

why are they shit?

this humanzi shit is unbelievable. theyre the band who were in that Vodafone ad (the muppets trying to be in a band). now they're managed by the guy who managed the thrills and brian bradley from MCD and they have every major label dude in the world (v austin powers) wanting to sign them. has anyone SEEN or HEARD them?

see this article on all the fuss about them - a v funny piece

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/li...one_mans_quest_for_the_next_big_thing?pg=full
mainline are below-average wank. theyre managed by johnny moy who may not work for MCD but has been working with them on the Bud Rising "concept". johnny is an ok bloke but the band suck SO badly. they did a single with Loog which is a label set up by some hack from the NME with Universal Music in an attempt to be "indie" and "cool"

this has been a myths debunked and rumours clarified public service

i saw humanzi - they were alright - obviously not my thing or something i'd get into.

half you cats here would love to be in the same position as these guys but they just do the whole being popular shit way better than yer.

go figure

i heard humanzi signed to interscope and some funny story about meeting snoop

gossip folks.

andrew

jaysis id love to meet snoop. that must be a weird moment, what the fuck are you gonna talk about?
we did a gig for humanzi last bud rising, had a really catchy tune with a chick singing in it. me thruppence

Pilchard said:
this humanzi shit is unbelievable. theyre the band who were in that Vodafone ad (the muppets trying to be in a band). now they're managed by the guy who managed the thrills and brian bradley from MCD and they have every major label dude in the world (v austin powers) wanting to sign them. has anyone SEEN or HEARD them?

this has been a myths debunked and rumours clarified public service

nah the band that they were in then was Listo. i've seen em (not only that i've seen em while being a bit up :eek: and they were still has shit as ever)

thing that annoys me about humanzi is that they are the ones spreading the tripe (i know them from around where i live and have heard em say it first hand)

i repeat MUPPETS

Wow.....ITalkShite you truly are the come back king aren't you?

Pilchard - that Boston article had 2 lines about Humanzi - I'd hardly call that 'fuss'. As for seeing or hearing about them - they actually have played a few gigs over the last while so I don't know what your point is - maybe no one told your knitting circle...maybe next time eh???

They've been getting a bit of air play on PetSounds and radio 1's Zane Lowe's show etc. and are down to play with the Kills in TBMC as part of BudRising and the Trinityball, Oxygen etc. Why does every band in Dublin have to go through the usual shitty formula to be 'allowed' exist? Can a band not go about things in a different way without getting lamped for it?

Miju - Sorry but whatever you've heard..be it from the band themselves or not....none of it's tripe and fair play to them.

Spady you're about the only one here that's not dripping in sour grapes.

Dromed said:
Wow.....ITalkShite you truly are the come back king aren't you?

Pilchard - that Boston article had 2 lines about Humanzi - I'd hardly call that 'fuss'. As for seeing or hearing about them - they actually have played a few gigs over the last while so I don't know what your point is - maybe no one told your knitting circle...maybe next time eh???

They've been getting a bit of air play on PetSounds and radio 1's Zane Lowe's show etc. and are down to play with the Kills in TBMC as part of BudRising and the Trinityball, Oxygen etc. Why does every band in Dublin have to go through the usual shitty formula to be 'allowed' exist? Can a band not go about things in a different way without getting lamped for it?

Miju - Sorry but whatever you've heard..be it from the band themselves or not....none of it's tripe and fair play to them.

Spady you're about the only one here that's not dripping in sour grapes.

i love thumped

i love this thread

love :heart:

I :heart: Oliver the human chimpanzee

Unusual in that he walks in a bipedal gait and enjoys the company of people--or did when he was younger. He was originally brought into the U.S. with 12 other chimpanzees but immediately stood out as different. He learned to drink, enjoy coffee and beer, and smoke cigars. In the evenings he would sit on a sofa and watch television. If his caregivers were out of coffee, he would walk into the kitchen, pour a cup, and take it into the den. As he got older, he made sexual advances on the wife and as a result was sold. Now living in retirement in Texas.
oliver.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back