magpies (2 Viewers)

the only superstition that ever stuck with me is them fucking magpies

not so much superstion, as pavlovian conditioning...

I'm never teach my daughter any of that nonsense, my day can still be ruined by seeing a lone magpie... no matter how much I rationalise it or laugh it off, becasue of my parents and that silly bloody rhyme....

I feel exactly the same - seeing a lone magpie on my garden wall wrecks my buzz for the entire day

me too... the amount of influence they have over my destiny is quite worrying.

what you on about ravens and crows are fucking deadly!
smart fuckers.

Ravens, crows and magpies are all carrion birds. Crows are very ugly. They're all noisy... but other than that I don't have much against them. They do have a job to do... they help clean up.

I don't like jackdaws much... they really bug me!

I saw a lone one earlier and then one of my dogs puked all over the car. I think he ate the contents of a chip pan that me da's neighbour had out the back. It's all over the fucking car now - i'll never be rid of the smell. He puked on his leg too and he smells of rancid fat and I think he's got some on the furniture. It's fucking sick. I might have to have him put down.

WHY, MAGPIE? WHY!!!!???

Ravens, crows and magpies are all carrion birds. Crows are very ugly. They're all noisy... but other than that I don't have much against them. They do have a job to do... they help clean up.

I don't like jackdaws much... they really bug me!

maybe your ugly and noisy but i dont see any crows coming on talking shit about you;).cda 4 ever.

As a group, the crows show remarkable examples of intelligence. They top the avian IQ scale[1]. Crows and ravens often score very highly on intelligence tests. Crows in the northwestern U.S. (a blend of Corvus brachyrhynchos and Corvus caurinus) show modest linguistic capabilities and the ability to relay information over great distances, live in complex, hierarchic societies involving hundreds of individuals with various "occupations", and have an intense rivalry with the area's less socially advanced ravens. One species, the New Caledonian Crow, has recently been intensively studied because of its ability to manufacture and use its own tools in the day-to-day search for food. Wild hooded crows in Israel have learned to use bread crumbs for bait-fishing. Crows will engage in a kind of midair jousting, or air-"chicken" to establish pecking order.

Jays do very well in intelligence tests too, byrnoes. Although I think they might be a member of the crow family. Ahh, they are.
Garrulus glandarius
AKA: Eurasian jay
Although they are the most colourful members of the crow family, jays are actually quite difficult to see. They are shy woodland birds, rarely moving far from cover. The screaming call usually lets you know a jay is about and it is usually given when a bird is on the move, so watch for a bird flying between the trees with its distinctive flash of white on the rump. Jays are famous for their acorn feeding habits and in the autumn you may see them burying acorns for retrieving later in the winter.

are magpies the birds that sit on the gutter above the window a bout 5:30 to 6 in the morning making that horrible racket!!

yeah,the bastards.and look at them about to torture poor ol sheepy/mountain goaty (not sure what it is)

i remember the only pet i ever had, was a rabbit and that was ripped apart by a cat while i was at school, never mind that!! but it was them magpies that came in huge numbers to eat the rest of him, i didnt know they were meat eaters......that have no consideration for anyone! left me with nothing to really bury!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i remember the only pet i ever had, was a rabbit and that was ripped apart by a cat while i was at school, never mind that!! but it was them magpies that came in huge numbers to eat the rest of him, i didnt know they were meat eaters......that have no consideration for anyone! left me with nothing to really bury!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ignorant pricks.you should chop that big tree and tear off yr gutters so they cant congregate there anymore.although they`ll probably just relocate to hopki household and he`ll come up with some scientific analysis of why magpies behave that way.

ignorant pricks.you should chop that big tree and tear off yr gutters so they cant congregate there anymore.although they`ll probably just relocate to hopki household and he`ll come up with some scientific analysis of why magpies behave that way.

his ma call the cops on them, " excuse me garda, but theres magpies on our roof again, and there planting one bags of speed in my sons room!"

The : 1 for sorrow, 2 for joy, 3 for a girl...rhyme can fck off.
Don't be letting a lone magpie have a negative influence on your brain for a second.
Magpies are monogamous, and pair for life. To see one on its own may mean the partner bird is gone/dead. Which is a a lil bit of a stupid assumption.
I read this in a majorly annoying book with a lovely flock cover!

"pecking order"?
crows are "intelligent"?
get real people, challange these stupid birds to a game of chess, we'll see how intelligent they are, and if they refuse, which they will, shoot the cunts. take some responsibility. "oh a magpie ruined my day". no, you ruined your own day by being a daft cunt sitting on the bus with a boner and having nowhere to put it. For shame, thumped. where have the men gone?
175px-Jimcrow.jpg

looks like they got to you!!

theyve turned you against us!

"birds of a shit-feather flock together"

"pecking order"?
crows are "intelligent"?
get real people, challange these stupid birds to a game of chess, we'll see how intelligent they are, and if they refuse, which they will, shoot the cunts. take some responsibility. "oh a magpie ruined my day". no, you ruined your own day by being a daft cunt sitting on the bus with a boner and having nowhere to put it. For shame, thumped. where have the men gone?
175px-Jimcrow.jpg

its a regular shit blizzard out there.
thankfully magpies dont come out at night.where do all the birds go actually?i mean obviously they got nests but where?i havent seen many nests in comparison to the amount of birds about....answers on a stamped addressed envelope please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back