magpies (3 Viewers)

Solutions
why cant guns be legal so i can frighen the chattering bastards off?and if its not them its starlings.
magpiesheep180_tcm3-30204.jpg

this pic cheered me up though.

the only superstition that ever stuck with me is them fucking magpies

not so much superstion, as pavlovian conditioning...

I'm never teach my daughter any of that nonsense, my day can still be ruined by seeing a lone magpie... no matter how much I rationalise it or laugh it off, becasue of my parents and that silly bloody rhyme....

ahh but what a theme song

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Magpies are incredible to look at. If you notice, when they launch themselves up from the ground, the look like their arse is going to drag them back down and they're not going to make it in the air.

I saw three of them (For a girl...whoopee!) doing what looked like a commando raid on a house the other day. One of them sat in the grass. Another was perched on a wall. His mate then moved over to a washing line, at which point, the other guy went onto a pillar. And the other guy just sat in the grass giving orders.

At least that's what it looked like.

I'm sure they were after something shiny.

It definitely looked coordinated.

They're a nice, handsome bird with a stunning tail and plumage. I like em. I like their machine gun noise too. I know they eat and eggs and nestlings but so what? Lots of animals (including you, probably) do. And what's wrong with starlings? They're even more inofffensive!

You'd never be superstitious of magpies if you lived in Holland. There's looooads of them around the place all the time.

A friend of mine was trying to think of as many things as possible that cause bad luck, so he could stuff them into a hypothetical situation. He finished with "and LOADS of magpies. Oh, wait...."

why cant guns be legal so i can frighen the chattering bastards off?and if its not them its starlings.
magpiesheep180_tcm3-30204.jpg

this pic cheered me up though.

I take it you don't know what that magpie is about to do?

Its going to pluck that sheeps eyes out. Ive seen it happen before.

the only superstition that ever stuck with me is them fucking magpies

not so much superstion, as pavlovian conditioning...

I'm never teach my daughter any of that nonsense, my day can still be ruined by seeing a lone magpie... no matter how much I rationalise it or laugh it off, becasue of my parents and that silly bloody rhyme....

I feel exactly the same - seeing a lone magpie on my garden wall wrecks my buzz for the entire day

I feel exactly the same - seeing a lone magpie on my garden wall wrecks my buzz for the entire day

remember one in flight worth two in sight!

magpies are fucking smart as fuck.ive seen them loads of time winding up other animlas.the cat that used to live in our house.one would land in front of it then just as the cat was about to pounce the other one would grab its tail.the cat moved out i got a dog they took one look at him and ive not seen again .they used to call round just to fuck with the cat.

where i walk me dog theres always loads i counted over 30 one day what kind of luck is that? but they some times do the landing in front of him to get a chase thing.

in asia magpies are always good luck!

My friend from oz was telling me that near their house the magpie attack people. but do it from behind sneaky so kids go to school with ice cream cartoons with faces drawn on them on the back of therir heads.they won't attack if they think you can see them.

Yeah, they get very protective of their territories in Australia (or so I have read). You can buy anti-magpie hats there. You should get one deafmute!
Magpie_swooping_sign.JPG

magpies are fucking smart as fuck.ive seen them loads of time winding up other animlas.the cat that used to live in our house.one would land in front of it then just as the cat was about to pounce the other one would grab its tail.the cat moved out i got a dog they took one look at him and ive not seen again .they used to call round just to fuck with the cat.

I saw a cat in the green outside the jervis center being harrassed by magpies! It was just trying to have a kip in the sun and the maggers were tormenting it - some standing in front of it while another couple bit it's tail.

We have some blackbirds living in our garden and the cat must have killed one of them or tried to. One of the blackbirds spent the entire day trying to kill the cat - the cat was hiding under the shed and the bird was pecking at it and swooping on the cat everytime it moved. It went for the dog as well, then spent the rest of the night outside our front window - shouting! I'd say it was calling the cat out for a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back