magazine (1 Viewer)

Let us know how it goes. By the way, who else did you contact in the UK?

Twice as many? Thats shokin'. What was the place?
We might be looking for a different place for issue two as this place couldn't do bleed and we didn't discover this til the last minute and it screwed up our design to an as yet unknown extent.
I don't know who else we looked for in the UK coz I wasn't involved really in that side of things. I can ask tho.
Carbide, any clue? Dont think we shopped arouind too much over there did we?
Footprinters just sounded so good ethically, environmentally and all...
As Antrophe kindly pointed out 'thats what you get for trusting your magazine to a bunch of crusty hippies with photocopiers'
Bastard...:(

We might be looking for a different place for issue two as this place couldn't do bleed and we didn't discover this til the last minute and it screwed up our design to an as yet unknown extent.

wha!?! they couldn't do bleed?

so did you end up with 5 - 7 mm of a white border on every page???

that's crazy...

fair enough, to do bleed you need to be able to get the paper in sizes bigger than A whatever. Maybe they couldn't get it.

or maybe they didn't have a finishing machine thingo

I don't know who else we looked for in the UK coz I wasn't involved really in that side of things. I can ask tho.
Carbide, any clue? Dont think we shopped arouind too much over there did we?
Footprinters just sounded so good ethically, environmentally and all...
As Antrophe kindly pointed out 'thats what you get for trusting your magazine to a bunch of crusty hippies with photocopiers'
Bastard...:(

i don't remember that we looked at anyone else in the uk, although ms. tomahawk might remember this better. as far as i know, it was the irish options and then footprinters.

the photocopier remark rings a bit too true. usual frustration about trying to do things the right way, but on a small budget, without having to transport it to pluto and back - never seems to work out.

i've heard some quotes for a project i've been doing myself - a5 booklet - and the right-on options are about 3x the price of the others. (i won't quote numbers as someone else has done the investigation and i'm only hearing it all second-hand.) the sooner i get burned out and decide to move to the country to set up a printing press, the better.

erk.. not to rag on the footprint crusty hippies too much.. (see what i did there).. in fairness i think they they do do (do do) bleed but for some reason it wasn't factored into the original price and would be "exponentially" more expensive (i remember that word being used, it gave me a little pause in my brain)
i saw the magazine last night - fucking amazing to really hold it after all this time - the bleed thing doesn't make too much difference anyway i think. there were a couple of other things - that weren't problems in the pdfs we sent off... but it's all a big learning currrve..
and it's here and it's great and i'm so excited - yay woop yay!!!!

i think the decision to go with the footprinters this time was fairly arbitrary - they were an environmentally sound co-op and they had good information on their website - at a time when we trying to shop around for prices but hadn't a clue how many pages we had, if we wanted colour, what kind of paper etc etc etc..
and the quote we got from ecoprint was more than 3 times as expensive. we could pobably shop around a bit more for the next issue - but the fact that they're a co-op really makes me happy... it would be nice to use a more local printer though.

excuse me i'm hungover

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back