Macbook Air (1 Viewer)

so cute..not the kind of thing id consider buying now, but looks like a good replacement to the ibook.

http://www.apple.com/macbookair/

Pricewise, I think it falls between the black and white macbooks. I think I'd go for the macbook at that price. Looks amazing but beyond the trackpad and the thinness there's not enough positive difference between the air and the macbooks.

yeh, your right...i misread the price at $1099.
thanks for imortalising my error in the quote though :)

equally priced macbook probably is the wiser choice, id have a tough time deciding though...it just looks too good.

The MacBook Air is an amazing piece of hardware. It's iPod sexy, but there's an iPod catch. Because just like an iPod, you can't just crack it open to replace the hard drive, memory or even battery, according to the Apple employees on the Macworld floor. Obviously a slew of services and devices will fill this battery replacement gap, but just know that when Apple pitches you 5 hours of runtime with the Air, that's all you get.

Here's our take on the MacBook Air. It's super light, super fragile, and super small. If you just tap the screen lightly, the whole thing closes because it's so light.

(both quotes from http://gizmodo.com/)

Hmm. Those aren't words I want to read about €1600 worth of misleadingly photographed portable expensiveness.

i just dont see the point.

Me neither. I think if they produced something that was an attractive price-alternative to a Macbook then it would be amazing but I can't see why anyone would buy this over a macbook.

It seems like they did this because they could.

It's an amazing looking thing but when you start adding up all of the things it can't do and the price, it's just not appealing at all.

I like the Apple TV thingy though.

as swanky as it looks i would rather spend my money on a macbook pro. maybe wait a while until the multi-touch tech gets put onto the other laptops

Pricewise, I think it falls between the black and white macbooks. I think I'd go for the macbook at that price. Looks amazing but beyond the trackpad and the thinness there's not enough positive difference between the air and the macbooks.

what wilberina said.

i really feel like this was made just for teh sake of having somehting else to introduce at the keynote. it's very nice to look at, streamlined and easy on the eyes - but for every day use it's be a complete waste of money. it doesnt really serve any practical purpose, save for the fact that maybe ababy would find it easier to carry. apart from that, not too impressed.

it's kind of like the mac mini - a gimmick without any good gimmicks - gnome sane?

macbookanong3.jpg

what wilberina said.

i really feel like this was made just for teh sake of having somehting else to introduce at the keynote. it's very nice to look at, streamlined and easy on the eyes - but for every day use it's be a complete waste of money. it doesnt really serve any practical purpose, save for the fact that maybe ababy would find it easier to carry. apart from that, not too impressed.

it's kind of like the mac mini - a gimmick without any good gimmicks - gnome sane?
there was a point to a mac mini though.
it was the first affordable entry
level mac.
it allowed people like my dad to consider buying a mac new and cheaply
whilst still using his
pc mouse, keyboard and monitor.

so there RaRa

:p

but yeah, Macbook Air...... loada shite

when i saw this i went toatlly paranoia conspiracy theory crazy on it. first issue: no optical drive, so i assume that nobody wants to listen 'cds' or possibly import thier old collection into thier computer any more?? and obscure albums can fucking stay obscure. or nobody ever put thier holiday snaps on a Cd?? or thier college thesis for the love of fuck. then some of us idiots have our favourite film on a 'dvd' - well fuck that. then thiers the second issue. no fucking stereo speakers. i saw a radio in the pound shop today for 5.99 and it had stereo speakers. i could probably make stero speakers using tin foil and a heaphone socket then theres all that shit about wireless brilliance. that can fuck too, what that really means is one of two things: mac want you to sit in starbucks drinking rat poison in slow dose format while wirelessly sucking matchbox 20's silver i-cock, or they want you to wirelessly come aback into the store three wekks later wirelessly asking to buy a imac, because you jsut realised that in 2002 you fell for the iopd shit, and then you fell for the airheadbook and now you realised that you arent allowed to put anything in hard copy unless you buy an imac with a superdrive (this would be macspeak for a normal fucking dvd burner, 25 euro's or so) and 50 blank dvd's. oh how they will smile while you walk through thier door for the third time shuffling like a penguin bankruptly with an iphone in its rectum, wirelessly and tirelessly writing cheques and wirelssly being back two weeks later when you realise that your whole photo collection is in some weird mac format library thing and if you want to look at it without having to fork your eardrums with the mac starting up noise then you'll be buying an expensive bastard wireless printer sil vous plait. mac can fuck off. i'm searching ebay for a 5ft tall pentium three tower and a 25 inch crt monitor, which will not aske me to take out a contract on my photo's, music and films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back