Hmmm... should I?

OK.

MacBook Pro 15" (matte screen)
2.33 Mhz Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
160 GB hard drive
256MB graphics card
6X dual-layer SuperDrive

I also got one of those My Book Pro external drives. It's great.

PowerMac G4
1.42Ghz
Dual Processor
1.3GB ram
120GB HD

24" cinema display + 17" screen

Q: I'm going to upgrade to a macpro, my 17" is one of those monitors that is powered by the mac. Will I be able to connect that to a new macpro?
Once you've had 2 screens it's very hard to go back.

12" Powerbook w/ superdrive
G4 1GHz
768MB ram
100GB hard drive

recently got a mac mini and upgraded the RAM. it's only running pro tools at the moment but it's flying along.

i wish they'd do a smaller macbook pro.

PowerMac G4
1.42Ghz
Dual Processor
1.3GB ram
120GB HD

24" cinema display + 17" screen

Q: I'm going to upgrade to a macpro, my 17" is one of those monitors that is powered by the mac. Will I be able to connect that to a new macpro?
Once you've had 2 screens it's very hard to go back.

you'll have to buy a power supply for it as far as i know. New monitors have their own power supply so the macs don't have the capacity to run them.

upstairs:
15" 1.25Ghtz G4 Powerbook
Superdrive
160Gb hd
1GB RAM
+ 200GB LaCie FW800 Drive

downstairs:
1.42Ghtz G4 Mac Mini
Superdrive
80Gb hd
512 RAM
+
17" Lidl Monitor
+ 250GB Lidl hd

ugh this thread just reminded me how i really need(or is that want) to upgrade..
power mac g5 1.8ghz
1.5 gb ddr sdram
osx 10.4.9
3x lacie firewire 400 drives(2x 120gig, 1x 300 gig)
dual samsung syncmaster 172v monitors(using one currently as i desperately need an adc to vga adapter)
motu 828 firewire pre.
airport extreme.
all mod cons.

ugh this thread just reminded me how i really need(or is that want) to upgrade..
power mac g5 1.8ghz
1.5 gb ddr sdram
osx 10.4.9
3x lacie firewire 400 drives(2x 120gig, 1x 300 gig)
dual samsung syncmaster 172v monitors(using one currently as i desperately need an adc to vga adapter)
motu 828 firewire pre.
airport extreme.
all mod cons.
is it not handling video as fast as youd like?
i originally bought mine for use with ableton / logic express etc but a g4 realy cant handle more than 5 audio tracks. is there some buffer thingy im missing?
sucks balls. yeah, i really wanna upgrade to an intel and get some seet software that will fly on it.

my sb eidoral (sp?) UA-20 is pretty sucky yoo. didnt really have a clue about stuff when i bought everything a few years ago.

is it not handling video as fast as youd like?
i originally bought mine for use with ableton / logic express etc but a g4 realy cant handle more than 5 audio tracks. is there some buffer thingy im missing?
sucks balls. yeah, i really wanna upgrade to an intel and get some seet software that will fly on it.

my sb eidoral (sp?) UA-20 is pretty sucky yoo. didnt really have a clue about stuff when i bought everything a few years ago.
to be honest yes! but i really wana upgrade to the new final cut studio. but for me to upgrade would take thousands. id need(WANT) a quad g5, one 32" HD cinema display, two 21" cinema display, final cut studio, black magic card, logic pro, decent soundcard.

waaay over 10 G's...
and thats before i get a few terrabytes of RAID storage and genelec monitors.

to be honest yes! but i really wana upgrade to the new final cut studio. but for me to upgrade would take thousands. id need(WANT) a quad g5, one 32" HD cinema display, two 21" cinema display, final cut studio, black magic card, logic pro, decent soundcard.

waaay over 10 G's...
and thats before i get a few terrabytes of RAID storage and genelec monitors.
jayzus!

yeah, i was putting together a few figures in my head for upgrading a few things and getting a 24ch. desk and some basic pres and midi controllers and stuff and ye start getting into silly money.

bah!!! just have to wait another 2 years or so till im workin fulltime. GAY.

hey with all the mac heads rearing their faces, if any of you have a spare ADC to VGA adapter lying around, ill more than be happy to take it off your hands..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back