Low in Dublin (1 Viewer)

sweet, i'd love to see low play.

have the great destroyer.

next album recommendation anyone??

tripoli said:

Any of them really. Although the Great Destroyer is quite different from the others.

My favourites are
Low/Dirty 3 "In the Fishtank"
Long Division
Trust

nEiLo said:
Any of them really. Although the Great Destroyer is quite different from the others.

My favourites are
Low/Dirty 3 "In the Fishtank"
Long Division
Trust
cool, ill check em out, cheers dude

Damon_Kind said:
I really like 'Trust'. Alot.

My favourite overall album would be Things We Lost in the Fire, but Trust would be very close, and it has "Canada" on it, which is probably the track of theirs I like the most (although if you get the "Canada" single, you also get their awesome cover of Pink Floyd's "Fearless").

Pity it's an MCD gig; I'd love to see them again.

photon said:
My favourite overall album would be Things We Lost in the Fire, but Trust would be very close, and it has "Canada" on it, which is probably the track of theirs I like the most (although if you get the "Canada" single, you also get their awesome cover of Pink Floyd's "Fearless").

Pity it's an MCD gig; I'd love to see them again.

Canada is heading for the 1,000 plays list in Casa Damonita.

tripoli said:

don't think they're capable of releasing a bad album.'long division' is my favourite but 'things we lost...' might be a better next step.that's the one with the hits

All their albums are deadly. I'd go with things we lost in the fire next though as previously suggested.
Bought Long Division last week. Great altogether. Amazing live too. Village gig was great and the last ambassador one was incredible.
Are the corpo going to support? That would be smashing, 2003 all over.

Jimcorr said:
Just heard that Low are playing the Ambassador on 1st May
€26 quid. This is good news.

I've had their song "The Plan" in my head all week for some reason...

seems like this has been changed to Temple Bar Music Centre.

Was listening to some random Low stuff that I'd never heard before the other night... the Murderer EP from 2003 and the Bombscare EP from 2000 are both excellent. Murderer has a great alternate version of Silver Rider (from the last album) on it and an 8 minute long epic called From Your Place on Sunset with huge noise guitar sections.. apparently it was a limited vinyl release, turned up on Soulseek easily enough. I'm going to miss them at this gig yet again because of college :mad:

dudley said:
d'ye remember when MCD used to put on Low in amazing venues. Cry....

Like ChristChurch in Dublin?

I remember that gig and was quite annoyed that the support singer took up so much time. There was a curfew of 10.30 or something so Low lost out on a few songs. Still and all, it was great

Jimcorr said:
Like ChristChurch in Dublin?

I remember that gig and was quite annoyed that the support singer took up so much time. There was a curfew of 10.30 or something so Low lost out on a few songs. Still and all, it was great

that was a great gig but no jacks and no bar make ramps a pissed off boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back