Love/Hate (2 Viewers)

seems odd for a show presented as 'gritty' or 'real' or whatever. no reason to suspect they won't do a deus ex machina at the end.

i've never been great at suspension of disbelief anyway, but i'm driven to distraction with all the 'sorry lads' moments.

It's just not very well written. It needs a script doctor, someone to school them in basic story telling again. The rave/drugged/pass out scene took up plenty of screen time and advanced the story close to zero. All that could have been told in 10 seconds. I am no screen writer but it seems obvious there is loads of chaff that could be removed. That's a bit of a separate point to the "sorry lads" one but they're related. Whole thing could be top notch with just a bit more thought and tweaking.

And some scenes seem to be shot JUST to service the trailer ads. The motorcycle jacking scene in previous episode was closs to pointless but was used in the ad. etc. etc.

Surprised the Fran and Nidge buddy buddy thing fell through so quickly something has to give between the nephew and the informer I think.

There's a website called wetransfer.com, it allows for easy transfer of large files. 7 could upload the files, send them to your e-mail, then you could download them from the wetransfer site. Uploading is the most time-consuming part. Might be an easy way to get them for you.

Isn't pretty much every show guilty of this though? They have lots and lots of 'art' shots of Dublin that are clearly just filler. But they're done so well I don't think they detract from things at all.

Those filler shots can be good sure
Isn't pretty much every show guilty of this though? They have lots and lots of 'art' shots of Dublin that are clearly just filler. But they're done so well I don't think they detract from things at all.

Well they need to be paced, so those filler seems can help you digest the story but too many scenes in this show are ill thought out or superfluous and considering they have a short enough time to tell the story, way shorter seasons than US or many British productions I wish they'd be a bit cleverer with the screen time they have.

i wish someone would get on with killing nidge; i was really hoping fran would manage it there

best scenario would be siobhan snaps and beats him to death with a shoe

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back