Love/Hate (3 Viewers)

This show is to up beat for me
Its the snippy snappy editing and zero character developement and shit music

Its a recipe for SHITE

Compare that to a decent show..I dunno..Boardwalk Empire..which has gone poorly in its last season.

Its second rate..verging on third rate.

The music is always top drawer on the tv aired episodes. The boxsets replace them with some inferior efforts though..
Thats due to licensing costs...they have to pay Lou Reeds estate mad money if they put him on the box set.

Stick some broke cunts on there for free though..cashback.

I will be tuned in next week though..cos I already know I'll have fuck all better to be doing this time next Sunday night.

Jesus, that was pretty woeful.
Getting rid of IRA assassin wan so easily was a cheap trick, especially since they needlessly put her out of commission in S4 because they couldn't figure out what to do with her. Remember that compelling character from last series? She's back, well no she's not. Lousy writing, lousy trick to play on audience.

The sleazy Terrence lad, I am sure he could have said "whacked" a few more times. The continuity was badly dealt with too.

The music selection is painful, jarring. It's like they have Radio Nova on in the background for the whole show.

Nidge seemed to be in fine fettle after being macheted in the head. The tracking device bit could have led to something interesting but instead you had Keystone Travellers making a balls of it even though they vastly outnumbered and outgunned your man. In real life, in this situation Nidge would be dead unless cops landed down that very second.

Did they say that the dentist had only been missing for a month or did I mishear that bit? If that's the case I kinda doubt (a realistic) Nidge would be so brazen about what he is doing, knowing full well the Guards are on to him. It's like he/they haven't learned anything from the previous series. Really bad writing. The plot development has always been a bit ropey but making it war because of lice was also fucking dense, if not a bit funny.

I am seriously considering cashing out from this show. It promises so much and yet seldom delivers.

Jesus, that was pretty woeful.
s.

It's hard to argue with any of that, but I'll stick with it for a while.

Shame about the music. They previously chose well for pivotal scenes

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Love/Hate..the show that got a bit puddiny

I'm hoping for better next week

Dire stuff really. On top of all the points mentioned above, we're supposed to believe that Tommy's bird is so thick that she's having the guards meet her outside the pub with the whole fucking gang in and around it?

On another note, it looks like it'll be a while before Tommy gets to throw on his jacket and head down the shops.

Yeah new episode was pretty shite. My only hope for this show is that the current castrating of Fran is all just a build-up to the end, when Fran comes back to get his revenge and kills all around him in a demented blood-lust. Fran is the best.

Episode was watchable but hardly essential. And sorry lads but if three people jump a lad, he'd dead meet in a confined space, unless maybe if he has a gun, the toothbrush shiv was deadly.

this season is great so far. By the end of episode 1 it was already better than the whole of the last season put together.

Yer one Charlie Murphy is great. I love that she has such a major role in it this season.

Episode was watchable but hardly essential. And sorry lads but if three people jump a lad, he'd dead meet in a confined space, unless maybe if he has a gun, the toothbrush shiv was deadly.

there's been too many 'sorry lads' moments in this series already. garda ciaran following fran around for the day in a banjaxed white minivan but fran doesn't notice?

The whole show is chock full of "Sorry Lads" moments, always has been.
seems odd for a show presented as 'gritty' or 'real' or whatever. no reason to suspect they won't do a deus ex machina at the end.

i've never been great at suspension of disbelief anyway, but i'm driven to distraction with all the 'sorry lads' moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back