Love/Hate (1 Viewer)

"I don't think the show is badly written, it just leaves the audience to fill in some gaps".

True dat, but sometimes the gaps are a bit big, no?
It's a well put together show overall, great acting, good cinematography, great use of locations etc..
I just thought they were throwing everything they had at it in that last episode and I would have preferred more of a cliff-hanger ending to set up S5.
But overall it was game ball.

I didn't need to see the Danny die. Of course he was dead. They shot him in the knees in the middle of nowhere and took his phone. Dude was going to belled to death. It was kind of poetic justice since this all started with him shooting Aido in the knee.

Except that kneecapping is a known (usually) non-lethal method of punishment used by Irish paramilitaries. A shot in the stomach or the head, anywhere but in the legs would have made it clearer. An audience doesn't need to be handed everything on a plate but what is shown should be clear or you end up with a mess like Love/Hate has become. The show also showed Darren recovering from a seemingly more obviously fatal gunshot wound at the end of season 1.

I know part of the reasons criminals get caught is because they think they're smarter than they are but really Nidge's behaviour in this season doesn't add up for a purported underworld kingpin. Even his handling of the gun dealer guy is just sloppy, and at odds with the way we've seen Nidge deal with problems before.

I think we give him more credit than he deserves. Hes never shown himself to be clever as such. Hes careful, but not clever, and his execution of some of the plans he comes up with leave a lot to be desired.

But I think the point of the final scene is possibly being lost. Nidge is going the way John Boy did in the first episode. Hes losing it. His paranoia, etc, have him fucked in the head and are causing irrational behaviour, case in point being having that kid shot. Its consistent with his wanting to kill the pipe bomb guy out of sheer panic.

It wasn't completely clear to me what part in the plan Tommy was meant to have, but it seemed he was willing to risk hanging him out to dry.

And then theres the major irony of Tommy saving Nidge by collapsing due to injuries Nidge inflicted on him.

Sorry, my memory is shite, but could someone remind me how Tommy, as someone who was witnessed as part of a kidnapping of a family, and then on top of that stalked one of the victims, is strolling down the jobs in the leather jacket rather than serving ten years? It's nonsense.

Guards where hopping to use Tommy and more importantly his girl to get the rest. Sure they could put him away but his head injury could be used against them in convicting others. They had no proof.

Yeah sure, like you can let a kidnapper go back on the street as an informant. I'm sure the kid who was stalked would be delighted.
Daft.

irrational behaviour, case in point being having that kid shot.

while i was watching it, i got the impression that wayne's death was an opportunistic strike by glen - maybe glen saw them stash the gun for the hit and killed his 'mate' who'd been making fun of him?

was there something to indicate the hit was ordered by nidge? why not just get elmo to do it? i'll have to go back and watch again.

One thing I like about Love/ Hate is that it debunks the idea that getting killed makes a hero/ martyr/ legend out of you. Like real life, criminals get killed, and everyone (apart from the families) moves on pretty quickly. The first lad Darren killed, John Boy, Darren, Danno, Lizzy's bro, the young fella there.

You're nobody til somebody kills you? Leave all that to Biggie

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this the face of an informer?

1466061_10202652152771993_1965179206_n.jpg

"was there something to indicate the hit was ordered by nidge? why not just get elmo to do it? i'll have to go back and watch again".

@Scientician 0.8 - I think it was Scutter who said the above, not me. I'm not that intelligent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back