Love/Hate (1 Viewer)

attachment.php

This series is pretty rubbish. Agree with the too many plates. Also the cops, while a nice idea, are a pack of pricks with bad dialogue. So just like real life eh? But seriously they could tidy up the writing still.

I dislike their tendency to use great songs to lend scenes emotional weight, making up for lazy writing. Sinead O'Connor's This Is A Rebel Song is a beautiful, heart breaking song that wasn't appropriate imho for the scene it was used in. Apart from anything else, who gives a fuck if Mr. Alco IRA lad gets his kneecaps blown off? He's barely been in the series. The music at the start of the episode was just fucking bizarre too. Also doing the misleading bit with Nidge this early in the series was a bad idea. There was no way he was getting killed in that episode. Anyway, I still watch it but jesus there's always so much room for improvement in most episodes.

Bang on. It's sub-par, but people watch it cos it's Dublin. And the use of music (predictably for opening and closing scenes) is hackneyed. Like you said, cue IRA dude getting shot in the knee to Sinead O'Connor talking about them across the water. It's the mixtape of someone who buys ten CDs a year.

This series is pretty rubbish. Agree with the too many plates. Also the cops, while a nice idea, are a pack of pricks with bad dialogue. So just like real life eh? But seriously they could tidy up the writing still.

I was talking to a mate of mine on monday who is a detective. He said they have it pretty much down to a tee. And it beats the stereotypical, 'is this your VEHIKLE' portrayal of gardai elsewhere on RTE.

Apart from anything else, who gives a fuck if Mr. Alco IRA lad gets his kneecaps blown off? He's barely been in the series. The music at the start of the episode was just fucking bizarre too. Also doing the misleading bit with Nidge this early in the series was a bad idea. There was no way he was getting killed in that episode.

the IRA thing was a bit strange but at least things should become a little less complex now with one less storyline (for now) to have to get your head around. Now it becomes about Nidge, the dentist and the coppers. The Tommy thing is clearly meant as the human tragedy story so I'd imagine they'll persist with that for a few more episodes before that comes to a head. Whether its him getting killed, dying some other way, or becoming a witness against Nidge and co (though given his mental state I don't think that too likely).

Apart from anything else, who gives a fuck if Mr. Alco IRA lad gets his kneecaps blown off? He's barely been in the series.

though in saying that, its kind of reaffirmed Nidge's importance to the 'movement' now hes bringing in arms for them. I think that was probably the point of the shooting. Regardless of their suspecting him killing their 'comrade' Nidge has now become a valuable asset to Charlo and the boys (and girls).

And that could be a big thing later on if the 'movement' turn out to have insiders in the gards.

Theres deffo a lot of having to wait and see with some of the storylines. Theres a danger they could turn out to be nonsense, but we won't really know til we wait it out.

Also doing the misleading bit with Nidge this early in the series was a bad idea. There was no way he was getting killed in that episode.

it's not that early, there are only two episodes left. time enough for fran to take the lead. if he wasn't losing it.

the IRA thing (the sinead song and charlo saying tiocfaidh ar la) is strange alright but it kind of highlights how they're in their own mad, delusional world, fuckin' eejits

Its not the best..but I'll keep watching it as long as they make it

though in saying that, its kind of reaffirmed Nidge's importance to the 'movement' now hes bringing in arms for them. I think that was probably the point of the shooting. Regardless of their suspecting him killing their 'comrade' Nidge has now become a valuable asset to Charlo and the boys (and girls).

And that could be a big thing later on if the 'movement' turn out to have insiders in the gards.

Theres deffo a lot of having to wait and see with some of the storylines. Theres a danger they could turn out to be nonsense, but we won't really know til we wait it out.

I get the point of it but why make a meal out of the scene. Could have been darker if scene ended with your man taking shotgun blast to the head and that's that. No coda, no anguish. If he's just a cipher in Nidge's story then treat him like one. Also, are they unaware that ninja assassin woman exists?

I was talking to a mate of mine on monday who is a detective. He said they have it pretty much down to a tee. And it beats the stereotypical, 'is this your VEHIKLE' portrayal of gardai elsewhere on RTE.

Well then maybe it's their acting. They're not evil, they don't make me want to root for the bad guy, they're just irritating pricks. And was the Elmo being a rat play just abandoned?

For that matter, and if I'm allowed pick a nit, why not a million nits, since Nidge's rat in the Guards got busted you'd think that would have given Nidge an inkling that going for a massive risky play right now might be a bad idea. There are loads of bits and pieces like that that are never addressed.

I get the point of it but why make a meal out of the scene. Could have been darker if scene ended with your man taking shotgun blast to the head and that's that. No coda, no anguish. If he's just a cipher in Nidge's story then treat him like one. Also, are they unaware that ninja assassin woman exists?
so, only guessing here, but I reckon it was purely for dramatic affect. Let the punters think Nidge is gonna take a bullet.

I don't know whats gonna happen, whether nidge will survive the series or not. Did we think John Boy wouldn't last season 1? I can't recall. I think that kid is gonna be significant before the whole thing ends though.

For that matter, and if I'm allowed pick a nit, why not a million nits, since Nidge's rat in the Guards got busted you'd think that would have given Nidge an inkling that going for a massive risky play right now might be a bad idea. There are loads of bits and pieces like that that are never addressed.

yeah, agreed. Maybe its to highlight his arrogance. I mean, he knows the cops are onto him (remembering the scene outside the nightclub in episode one of this season) on some level. Doing the dry run of whatever that shit was they were bringing it was a tester to see how much they know. I think the point could be that his utter arrogance will be his downfall. He thinks hes one step ahead of them whereas the reality is very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back