Lou Barlow - Emoh (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
So what do we make of this?

Ian?

I actually havveneh heard it yet...
I know, i know, I've been busy...
Sher when was the last time you saw me scuttling round these parts...
from what I've read about it I'm absolutly GUUUUUUMMMMMIN to hear it...

here anto, you get it yet?
(sniff, sniff, smell o burnin'?)

Ian said:
I actually havveneh heard it yet...

Jaysis...

I can burn you a copy if you likes

I'm with Duds on it but, when it's good it's great... first two tracks, really great... but a lot of just okay stuff inbetween the gold... and a confusing song about the virgin mary... and some "I'm to akward for you too love" usual Barlow stuff that sounds plain odd from a man approaching forty with a wife and kid.

Mike Stevens take note... ;)

They sound familiar...
I have bootlegged a couple of his gigs in my time...
Burn me the album and I'll bootleg my bootleg
That virgin mary song was deffo part of his Folk Implosion solo set from a few years back in the tbmc

okay

now that you say it the virgin mary song is very Folk Implosionesque... it's about how Mary actually had it away with the neighbour and made up the immaculate connecption to fool Joespeh... veeerrryyy odd...

Ian said:
They sound familiar...
I have bootlegged a couple of his gigs in my time...
Burn me the album and I'll bootleg my bootleg
That virgin mary song was deffo part of his Folk Implosion solo set from a few years back in the tbmc

I think it's a bit patchy, but I've found myself wanting to go back for more, rather than trying to find something that wasn't there. It's definitely the best thing he's put out in a long while, and there seems to be a bit more quality control. Some of the more old style 'neurotic-loser-at-love' type stuff does seem kinda of embarrassing at first, but it sounds like he's looking at his life and music in an adult way for the first time since... well ever? And He's actually remembered to write some melodies and harmonies too, which is nice.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend this to the uninitiated, but for old fans it's a pleasant surprise.

Best track: Monkey Begun

Worst track: Round n round

And no more songs about cats please.

i'd disagree with you all. It's not the best he's done in a while, the new folk implosion album is terrific. Round and Round is not the worst song on it, although deffo not as good as the original. More songs about cats please. Virgin Mary song is not odd, it's just a cool funny idea with a nice tune.

It's an album in fine Lou tradition. Just "some more songs I've recorded" type of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back