LOTR (1 Viewer)

Remember what Jesus said: the geek shall inherit the earth.

Stuart Little (04 Jan, 2002 04:24 p.m.):
http://www.movie-mistakes.com/film.php?filmid=1778

i can't imagine the freaks who sat with notepads recording all these mistakes. some of them are so obscure it's hard to believe.

movie mistake no 1: there's no such thing as hobbits.

Heh heh heh, I still havent seen TMWWT and still have no intention of seeing LOTFR...
But I'm here to stir more shit...
Best Coen film...:The Evil Dead.
...how do you like dem apples?

film better than book: the godfather
sequel better than original: dawn of the dead.

anyhoo, though i risk impalement for this.. LOTR isn't that great a buke, now, is it.

i'm gonna be book battered now, arn't i?

pat (07 Jan, 2002 01:50 p.m.):
HEY YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS. I [4]HATE[/4] SEINFELD.
how do ya like them apples eh?

I'm with you Pat, Seinfeld IS fuckin shite...
Whats the deal with airplane peanuts..
...Fuck OFF, thats what!!!

Sheesh, what passes for fightin' talk these days...

The Coens had not much to do with "The Evil Dead", save for one of 'em being an assistant director or something minor like that. You must be thinking of "Crimewave", which Raimi directed but the Coens wrote.

As for de apples, I don't mind 'em.

Anyone gone to see "Mulholland Drive" yet?

PeeWee (06 Jan, 2002 08:14 p.m.):
Heh heh heh, I still havent seen TMWWT and still have no intention of seeing LOTFR...

they're also the 2 fisher men they pass on the road early on in the flim. i think. i have no idea why i know this or think this. but i think its them.

andy

Anne O'Malley (07 Jan, 2002 03:21 p.m.):

The Coens had not much to do with "The Evil Dead", save for one of 'em being an assistant director or something minor like that. You must be thinking of "Crimewave", which Raimi directed but the Coens wrote.

Janey mack.

andy (07 Jan, 2002 03:31 p.m.):
they're also the 2 fisher men they pass on the road early on in the flim. i think. i have no idea why i know this or think this. but i think its them.

andy

Anne O'Malley (07 Jan, 2002 03:21 p.m.):

havent seen mulholland drive yet but went to see blue velvet last week in the ifc. well worth checking out on the big screen if its still on

stuck beside some strange fucker who kept making funny noises and shuffling round during all the dubious parts of the film, shudder.

film better than book would have to be: bladerunner

sequel better than original: army of darkness, all the way baby!!

That was me in the cinema. I followed you home afterwards, by the way, and hid in your closet.

I'm still there now in fact. Go ahead, ring your closet.

"BV" was incredible on the big screen, though, particularly because of the widescreen 70mm ratio. 70mm is like a whole 'nother art form to 35mm. When characters are framed in 70mm there's usually so much extra space to the right or left of them, the whole meaning of the shots change. It's as if 70mm is much more suited to dealing with the relation between characters and their environment. It's a much more sympathetic medium than 35mm for that reason.

I tought everyone in "BV" looked so much more isolated in widescreen. Jeffrey becomes much sadder, Dorothy Vallens so much more tragic, the streets of Lumberton so much emptier. It never seemed so sad before on video.

(What's sad is that VHS was the only way so many us had to watch "Blue Velvet" for years. Christ.)

daz (07 Jan, 2002 03:58 p.m.):
havent seen mulholland drive yet but went to see blue velvet last week in the ifc. well worth checking out on the big screen if its still on

stuck beside some strange fucker who kept making funny noises and shuffling round during all the dubious parts of the film, shudder.

film better than book would have to be: bladerunner

ah jasus thats cheating now...the book was only a short story wasnt it not...amendt(sic) i not right or amendt(sic) i wrong...

Anne O'Malley (07 Jan, 2002 04:11 p.m.):
That was me in the cinema. I followed you home afterwards, by the way, and hid in your closet.

ha ha! we saw a guy in pub the other night who looked exactly like that horrible guy from lost highway. i want to work out a way of doing that phone thing to someone. it was a truly frightening moment.

carn't wait for more madness in mulholland drive

Anne O'Malley (04 Jan, 2002 05:05 p.m.):
i can't imagine the freaks who sat with notepads recording all these mistakes. some of them are so obscure it's hard to believe.
If Hitler came around today, saying he wanted mass genocide of anyone who's ever posted a "movie mistake" on the internet, I'd be behind him, 100%.

Superb scene, that. Truly creepy. The little guy is referred to as "The Fence" in the movie credits. Great name, great guy. What was he drinking in the pub? I bet it was something really sleazy, like Bass or Carling.

Go on the creepery!

Chrith (07 Jan, 2002 04:21 p.m.):
Anne O'Malley (07 Jan, 2002 04:11 p.m.):

ha ha! we saw a guy in pub the other night who looked exactly like that horrible guy from lost highway. i want to work out a way of doing that phone thing to someone. it was a truly frightening moment.

carn't wait for more madness in mulholland drive

Lynch

I thought "Lost Highway" was underrated and "Wild At Heart" and "Fire Walk With Me" overrated.
"The Straight Story" was clever in its simplicity and "Eraserhead" was touching. "The Elephant Man" was sad and "Dune" made me shout in frustration.

"Blue Velvet" is the best though. Unfortunately all I can watch it on at the moment is VHS. Is it still on in the IFC?

"Mulholland Drive" looks like it could be fun.

When will they release "Twin Peaks" on DVD??? If so I will buy a player.

mugwump (20 Dec, 2001 01:06 p.m.):
on that note i'm trying to think of any films that have been 'better' than the book...can't think of any though...ah well.

-Jaws??

-SIlence of The Lambs

Definitely Flight Of The Doves

Best sequels are

Evil Dead II
Godfather II
Friday The 13th: Part VIII - Jason Takes Manhattan

Lynch

Yeah, "Dune" is a total headwrecker. It's a bit like watching someone you love drown in something they love. I'd say.

nlgbbbblth (07 Jan, 2002 10:14 p.m.):
I thought "Lost Highway" was underrated and "Wild At Heart" and "Fire Walk With Me" overrated.
"The Straight Story" was clever in its simplicity and "Eraserhead" was touching. "The Elephant Man" was sad and "Dune" made me shout in frustration.

"Blue Velvet" is the best though. Unfortunately all I can watch it on at the moment is VHS. Is it still on in the IFC?

"Mulholland Drive" looks like it could be fun.

When will they release "Twin Peaks" on DVD??? If so I will buy a player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back