LOTR (1 Viewer)

Luther Blissett

I just walked up to the Savoy and got tickets for 3.30 screening of Lord Of The Rims
There were loads of free seats so obviously the whole "sold out for 2 weeks" line was nonsense
It was a great action adventure flick, it kicked phantom menace`s ass and will hopefully mean that George cunt (tm) Lucas will fuck off to skywalker ranch once and for all!

Yup. Beat the bolix outta the Phantom Bollix. Sean Bean is very unconvincing... so's Liv Tyler but she gets away with it cos she's got tits. Gandalf is absoultely spot-on. I saw the 12:30 showing in UCG. I think it was the first showing in the country. And there were loadsa seats. I think a law should be passed making everybody go to see this film under pain of severe wedgying should they fail to comply. A modern classic

well, i never read any of that 'book' crap cos I was too busy reading borrowed copies of Magician by that Raymond E. Fiest guy and talking to black taxi drivers on the way home from the palace to ever care... but that film ruled so much.

HP is right as per usual - that whole 'new stars wars part 2' shit looks shit cos of that whole love story crap, fuck that shit.

liv tyler is only in LOTR (as us true fans call it) for approx. 1.5 minutes (and she even gets boxed in the face during that time) , the rest of the film is taken up with guys decapitating guys and firing arrows and casting mad spells and horse chases and shit. ie - *my kind of film*. no - *our kind of film*
a whole fuckin world of swashbuckling hobbit shit.

so yeah go see it - like you wernt gonna anyway, nerd.

andy

ps - that guy uh...Frodo looks really like Vinnie from the jimmy cake

pps - that guy uh..Sam looks really like Dip from the jimmy cake

ppps - when that guy uh..Frodo and that guy uh..Sam are together in a scene and that uh..rubbish trad music is playing in the background - its kinda like wathcing the jimmy cake.

pppps - this isnt gonna come as any kind of surprise to Vinnie or that Fury guy who plays trumpet.

Nigga slap, slap, slap right across yo' melon...pronto

I go see tomorrow...corroborate...'specially on the shit trad front...

hate to say it but i wasn't convinced..... some great great scenes and scenery but crappy cgi (worse than harry potter), crappy fuckin enya soundtrack and was tooo clean and hollywood-like. that ould half animated/half live action jobby from years ago had the right feel to it and this just doesn't.

the cgi in phantom menace, especially the physics, sucked so much ass. i've still seen it 5 times though.

off to see lotr (can i be your pal, andy?) after work. woooooo.

if you didn't like it fuck you in your stupid fucking ass

i can't wait to see it.

there was three goatee sporting turbo-nerds of the "works in games workshop and gets excited and frantically taps chin at the thought inventing a new rule for warhammer" type in oversized LOTR t-shirts sitting next to me in pub last night. they had obviously just been to see the movie and were very excited when dissecting it.

that's good enough for me. embarrassingly enough...

dudley (20 Dec, 2001 09:42 a.m.):
the cgi in phantom menace, especially the physics, sucked so much ass. i've still seen it 5 times though.

off to see lotr (can i be your pal, andy?) after work. woooooo.

if you didn't like it fuck you in your stupid fucking ass

hey dudley! what part of america are you from? you fuckin' narnia ring fairy!
it only takes one anal rim to come out of the holy grail for all the others anoraks to snigger along behind. pricks. fantasy is for boys with old sticky cum on their hands ALL DAY LONG. the empty seats in the cinema were for all the ladies that didn't turn up to their various hot dates when they realised that their men wanted to see the neverfucking ending story or some such shit.

suck my wand, faggots!

Chrith (20 Dec, 2001 10:47 a.m.):
i can't wait to see it.

there was three goatee sporting turbo-nerds of the "works in games workshop and gets excited and frantically taps chin at the thought inventing a new rule for warhammer" type in oversized LOTR t-shirts sitting next to me in pub last night. they had obviously just been to see the movie and were very excited when dissecting it.

that's good enough for me. embarrassingly enough...

Any one see the uber nerds discussing the film on News 2 last night? They all had regulation pony tails, beards and role playing t-shirts (in black).

fantasy is for boys with old sticky cum on their hands ALL DAY LONG.

i'm guessing you've seen it at least three times since yesterday. cockknocker

"fuck you in your stupid fucking ass" is a rather lofty quote from a film currently at the flicks.

does anyone remember the name of the little cinema that used to be opposite the adelphi. was it the curzon?
i remember going to see ghostbusters 2 there and there was a football sized hole in the middle of the screen

wait a minute, maybe that was the view i saw of hacko as he was pressed against the screen trying to ride slimer

bearded ladyboy - if you don't like fantasy fair enough but you're wasting your breath pointing at a load of internet nerds and calling them fantasy nerds - sorta goes with the territory - why do you think there are mailer "Daemons" etc etc - all the lads that first set up this networking malarkey were big into their D&D and MERP...

anyways back to the thread - i actually saw some goon this morning say the film was better than the book
like, no

on that note i'm trying to think of any films that have been 'better' than the book...can't think of any though...ah well.

Conor (20 Dec, 2001 12:57 p.m.):
bearded ladyboy - if you don't like fantasy fair enough but you're wasting your breath pointing at a load of internet nerds and calling them fantasy nerds - sorta goes with the territory - why do you think there are mailer "Daemons" etc etc - all the lads that first set up this networking malarkey were big into their D&D and MERP...

anyways back to the thread - i actually saw some goon this morning say the film was better than the book
like, no

Middle Earth Role Play! ha ha, jew member that!
i'm only jeleous cos i was shite at them all cos i was way too cool to not wash my hair.
v.g. on the use of "goon" aswell, classic word.

mantasy is still for rims though.........

andy (20 Dec, 2001 03:59 a.m.):

ps - that guy uh...Frodo looks really like Vinnie from the jimmy cake

pps - that guy uh..Sam looks really like Dip from the jimmy cake

ppps - when that guy uh..Frodo and that guy uh..Sam are together in a scene and that uh..rubbish trad music is playing in the background - its kinda like wathcing the jimmy cake.

pppps - this isnt gonna come as any kind of surprise to Vinnie or that Fury guy who plays trumpet.

That's funny coz I saw a guy in the cinema watching Lord of the Rings who looked just like Andy from the Tall Paul Fury and when he talked about rocks, stopped suddenly and then started talking about rocks again it sounded just like The Tall Paul Fury. This is fuckin' eerie. I'm pretty scared at the moment so if anyone wants to come around to my house to tell me that everything is going to be alright then maybe I wouldn't be so scared anymore. Also, I'm very very lonely.

the bearded lady (20 Dec, 2001 01:15 p.m.):

....big into their D&D and MERP...

Middle Earth Role Play! ha ha, jew member that!
i'm only jeleous cos i was shite at them all cos i was way too cool to not wash my hair.
v.g. on the use of "goon" aswell, classic word.

mantasy is still for rims though.........

hmmmmm, i call shenanigans! - anyone who knows what MERP stands for has fallen far too deep into the world of nerd at some point in their life... saying that i have to admit that i used to be well into the ould roleplay (merp, AD&D, Vampire) and lead-figure painting - ahhh good ould Gaelcon down on Sir John Rogerson quay...

Yeah, a super flick. Bollox to the Enya, but hey, even the mighty Peter Jackson probably had his arms twisted on the soundtrack. My jaw was hanging open for the whole flick - I even jumped up and started clapping like a kid when Legalus chopped that super-evil orcs head off. In the Stella in Rathmines.

The Curzon was truly called the Curzon, I also saw GhostBusters 2 there and also saw the football sized hole in the middle of the screen. That was when you could smoke in cinemas.

Films better than books? -
The Shining.

Apocalypse Now (sufficiently different to
Heart of Darkness and a tiny bit better, to tell the truth)

Lord of the Rings (come get me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back