Loop Pedals - Boss or Line 6 (1 Viewer)

george mcfly

My Name Is Prince.
trying to decide between a Boss RC-20xl and a Line 6 DL6

anyone use either of these units?
trying to figure out which to get
i see a lot of touring bands with the boss pedal but then i hear a lot of good talk about the DL6

i need it for looping synth parts live
maybe vocals

I have the boss. You can layer up the samples but after about two or three the sound quality drops off significantly. This is my one major complaint and it's such a major complaint. On the plus side you can save samples which I don't think the Line 6 does (I might be wrong). in general the Line 6 is better i think. When I bought mine the line 6 was considerably more expensive but they seem around the same price bracket now so my advice is go line 6. I think theres a thread about this in the Music Gear/Guitars and amps forum, good luck finding it.

i am going to recommend the Digitech Jamman
better built than the boss and stores loops as wavs on an CF card you can up to yer 'puter.
bam!

EDIT: oh yeah, i know you didnt ask but id thought id just throw in my two cents!

That digitech looks absolutely amazing and the price cannot be bettered I'm sold. Anyone else have one of these ? is the tap tempo effective enough to use with a drum machine. The tempo option on the boss is total bollox.

That digitech looks absolutely amazing and the price cannot be bettered I'm sold. Anyone else have one of these ? is the tap tempo effective enough to use with a drum machine. The tempo option on the boss is total bollox.

no, itll keep slipping out liek they all do. a midi in would be a nice addition to any of those loop pedals. RC-50 has midi connections although its meant to be a bit buggy

if only they came with a setable tempo option instead of tap i.e you just set your drum machine to say 6/8 100bpm and your sampler to the same and bang no slipping out. That's what I'd like as my feet have no sense of rhythm.

thanks, as always washingcattle you're a great man for the advice

i'm feelin the Line 6 after a bit of research
just because the Jamman sounds like some kind of horrible reggae pedal

The Boss RC-50 has a set-able tempo, can store files which then can be sent to your computer via it's USB port and you can have three banks of loops, each of which can be stopped and started separately with a separate volume for each. It's very bulky and expensive though.

The Boss RC-50 has a set-able tempo, can store files which then can be sent to your computer via it's USB port and you can have three banks of loops, each of which can be stopped and started separately with a separate volume for each. It's very bulky and expensive though.

Too bulky too expensive and looks too "I'm a big prick with expensive gear" for my tastes.

thanks, as always washingcattle you're a great man for the advice

i'm feelin the Line 6 after a bit of research
just because the Jamman sounds like some kind of horrible reggae pedal

actually thinking the boss has won we over
it's much more straight forward
and those little switches on the line 6 look like they'd be a total pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back