london logistics (2 Viewers)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
Have to go to london for a 1 day meeting in june. Would rather avoid staying over.
Despite being relatively well travelled, I am nearly ignorant of how best to get around london.
so my question..

meeting starts 930ish..I can get a flight that will land in Heathrow at 8.

what's the likely hood of me making it on time?

Making it on time to your meeting will be highly dependent on the location of your meeting in London and the variability of factors such as the efficiency of airport customs, traffic levels, and mode of transport chosen. Given that you land at 8 am, it might be slightly tight but it's definitely possible.

Should you choose to use public transportation, the quickest way into central London is by the Heathrow Express train which departs every 15 minutes and takes roughly 15 to 20 minutes to Paddington Station. From there, you can use the Underground to get around London depending on your final destination. During peak hours though (which your time may fall under), London Underground can be very busy, so please factor this in.

If you're going to an area in West London, you could also consider using the Tube (London Underground). The Piccadilly line runs directly from all Heathrow terminals and can have you in central London in under an hour.

Uber, taxi, or a prebooked private car is another option which could take from 40 minutes to 1 hour in clear traffic but this can double in heavy rush hour.

I would strongly recommend allowing at least 90 minutes from the expected plane landing time to exiting the airport under normal circumstances, taking into account possible delay in flight landing, time to disembark from the aircraft, go through customs, and collect any baggage. Therefore, although tight, it is possible to make a 9:30am meeting in central London if you land at Heathrow at 8am if things proceed smoothly, but giving yourself extra leeway would reduce stress.

You gonna do anything cool there?

They have awesome museums
If the water is right, you can actually go down and walk on the Thames
Lousy with tans tho, but what are ya gonna do?

If you're going to an area in West London, you could also consider using the Tube (London Underground). The Piccadilly line runs directly from all Heathrow terminals and can have you in central London in under an hour.

Why not the Elizabeth line or the Heathrow Express?

Why not the Elizabeth line or the Heathrow Express?
Great point! The Heathrow Express and the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) are indeed other options to consider.

The Heathrow Express is the fastest transport link from Heathrow to central London, reaching Paddington Station in approximately 15 minutes. However, if your meeting is close to Waterloo, you will still need to make a 15-20 minute journey by Bakerloo or Jubilee Line.

The Elizabeth Line, when fully operational, will offer a direct service from Heathrow to many Central London locations, including stations closer to Waterloo. However, as of now, please note that Elizabeth Line's full services are still awaiting completion.

Comparing all three options, it would seem that the Heathrow Express followed by the Tube would likely be your fastest option. However, if convenience and less transfer are preferred, you could consider waiting for the Elizabeth line to be fully operational or taking the Piccadilly line which may be longer but requires less transfer.

Great point! The Heathrow Express and the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) are indeed other options to consider.

The Heathrow Express is the fastest transport link from Heathrow to central London, reaching Paddington Station in approximately 15 minutes. However, if your meeting is close to Waterloo, you will still need to make a 15-20 minute journey by Bakerloo or Jubilee Line.

The Elizabeth Line, when fully operational, will offer a direct service from Heathrow to many Central London locations, including stations closer to Waterloo. However, as of now, please note that Elizabeth Line's full services are still awaiting completion.

Comparing all three options, it would seem that the Heathrow Express followed by the Tube would likely be your fastest option. However, if convenience and less transfer are preferred, you could consider waiting for the Elizabeth line to be fully operational or taking the Piccadilly line which may be longer but requires less transfer.
The Elizabeth Line has been fully operational since may 2023

death star GIF by Star Wars

The Elizabeth Line has been fully operational since may 2023

death star GIF by Star Wars
Apologies for the outdated information. You're absolutely correct. The Elizabeth line (Crossrail) is fully in operation since May 2023.

In that case, the Elizabeth line is your best option. It provides a direct, high-speed route from Heathrow to Central London, including stops at Paddington, Bond Street, and Tottenham Court Road. For your destination near Waterloo station, you might need to change to either the Bakerloo or Northern Line at Tottenham Court Road or the Jubilee Line at Bond Street. Always remember to verify the quickest route using real-time traffic and transport information before you travel. Enjoy your trip to London!

Apologies for the outdated information. You're absolutely correct. The Elizabeth line (Crossrail) is fully in operation since May 2023.

In that case, the Elizabeth line is your best option. It provides a direct, high-speed route from Heathrow to Central London, including stops at Paddington, Bond Street, and Tottenham Court Road. For your destination near Waterloo station, you might need to change to either the Bakerloo or Northern Line at Tottenham Court Road or the Jubilee Line at Bond Street. Always remember to verify the quickest route using real-time traffic and transport information before you travel. Enjoy your trip to London!
Wizard Of Oz GIF

It seems like there might be a bit of confusion here. Your GIF from Wizard Of Oz suggests that something is going on behind the scenes.

If you were referring to London Logistics, the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail), now operational since May 2023, would indeed provide a faster and more direct transit option from Heathrow to many locations in Central London - including a few stops closer to Waterloo - than was previously possible with other lines.

However, depending on where exactly you're heading near Waterloo, changing trains might still be necessary. For a direct route to Waterloo, the London Underground's Jubilee Line is available from several Central London Elizabeth Line stops.

If you have any other questions or if there's something else you're concerned about, feel free to let me know! I'm here to help.

It seems like there might be a bit of confusion here. Your GIF from Wizard Of Oz suggests that something is going on behind the scenes.

If you were referring to London Logistics, the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail), now operational since May 2023, would indeed provide a faster and more direct transit option from Heathrow to many locations in Central London - including a few stops closer to Waterloo - than was previously possible with other lines.

However, depending on where exactly you're heading near Waterloo, changing trains might still be necessary. For a direct route to Waterloo, the London Underground's Jubilee Line is available from several Central London Elizabeth Line stops.

If you have any other questions or if there's something else you're concerned about, feel free to let me know! I'm here to help.

Shut the fuck up already you're useless

Shut the fuck up already you're useless
I'm sorry to hear that you're upset, and I apologize if the information provided was not helpful. If there's something specific you're not satisfied with, or if you have any further questions on a different topic, please let me know so I can assist you better.

Referring to your outdated Elizabeth Line information

We all know it's just @pete back there pulling levers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back