Locust fans read it and weep (1 Viewer)

jammybastid

I have it from a VERY reliable source that top pretend power violence posers and hipster role models LOCUST are very very close to signing with the Beastie Boys' GRAND ROYAL label.

Sit back and watch Andy Fogarty's head explode.

This should be fun.

incidentally, don't start that "the Locust are deadly and you don't like them cos of how they look" shit with me.

You're all gonna do that now regardless aren't you..

no, we just don't give a shit about your idiot-brained bands. *everyone* on grand royal [with the possible exception of at the drive-in] are shite. and everyone knows this.

Actually boss,I don't really give a shit about them either, but several people here seem to think that the sun shines out of their arses. And me being a bastard, I wanted to be the first to point out the fact that they're gonna be all over Kerrang and the like soonish if they sign to GR.Which will ruin it for all their little "more underground than thou" fans.

So there.

uh..maybe i'm out of the loop on my own personal tastes and shit, but why the hell would i care? - does owning and liking an album by a band qualify me as someone that actually gives a shit?

jeez jamie - if you just wanna show off some 'secret goss' you've picked up, just come out and say it - no need to drag the likes of me, my "more underground than thou" self and I into it to make it seem relevant - its not - we like most people simply dont care.

andy

ps - I await the "hey i'm just being a bastard and you fell for it auto-response" - i'm so so tired...

pps - my head is still very much intact after this 'earth shattering news'

ppps - who was the guy you met in england that knew me?

Andy, come on boss!There was aperiod there a few months ago where all you and Damien talked about in my presence was the fucking Locust! The pair of you head my fucking brain broken with Locust!It was Locust Locust Locust all day long!The CRASH gig springs to mind immediately (when I was making anti-Locust signs at the door)

Sorry actually, the "more underground then you" thing was just me taking the piss, didn't mean any major harm (I actually had other people in mind besides yer self, but I shall not name them here as I doubt you'd know 'em).

Anyway,yeah - Locust in talks with Grand royal.There, I said it.The reliable source was the bloke from "Engine" zine.Who's a mate of theirs.Now you know.And I'll hold everyone to the "I don't care" line if and when the deal actually happens cos I'm sure everyone will want to throw in their 2 cents then.I just find the whole thing amusing to be honest.

Cheer up hammer-weilder.

The English bluke was Luke Younger from The!Lights!Alive!. Lovely chap.Sort of like if Damien was English in fact.I think they're secretly related.First thing he did was ask me about the Baseball Fury,as he said he'd been mailing one of you.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to makie a cup of tea.

ok - you had already started with your anti locust ranting before i'd even gotten to that gig, so thats what probably sparked off any talk of them. anyway - i remember people talking about iron maiden and tool way more than the locust.

i just resent to "oh andys gonna go craxyyy!" type comment - i mean - i dont "hit the roof" everytime i listen to Master of Puppets or Jailbreak or something and realise i'm listening to something on a major label......

and yeah i was talkig to luke a while ago - whats his band like? he seems like a stand up kinda guy.

andy

ps - do you still have that locust sticker on *your* guitar? :p

[just a point... jammybastid was going on about people being ye olde hypocrtitical more-underground-than-you but was also quite deliberately flaunting his "reliable source" that no one else has cos they're not as underground... uh oh, i've started it now, haven't i.]

[i was more annoyed by the let's-put-the-band's-name-in-capitals schtick but that's a personal bugbear of mine...]

[anyway, i was going to say...]

"the Locust are deadly and you don't like them cos of how they look".

!?!?!

so bands are good in direct proportion to how shit they look? what profound idiocy is this? i presume the international noise conspiracy or electrelane are unspeakably awful then? or estel, for that matter? aaaaarrghh! can this sort of blunderbuss logic stop now?

<sllluurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppp> uh, wha? done it? done wha? shit, i's outa here, why did you let me sleep here for so long. i'm cold to the bone.

locust are crap anyway,doesnt matter what label they're on,but soon they'll be hyped up to the last if they sign to GR

Err..that's basically what I was getting at.Only you summed it up a lot better and didn't take this piss out of Andy.

And No, Andy, the Locust sticker is looooooong gone.

Looks like whoever was supposed to be distraught at this news won't be now.
Grand Royal has just gone belly up.
http://www.grandroyal.com/

ha!
check out their message board: a bigger ton of saps i have never witnessed...
"This is unbelievable. I didn't see it coming. I feel like I lost a friend.
I'm gonna go curl up in the corner of a room and cry."

http://grandroyal.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=439091824&f=847099034&m=2523069772

it's hilarious!
"i'll always remember you guys"
"i wish i'd posted more and got to know you better"

http://grandroyal.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=439091824&a=corfrm&cf=634096824

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back