local prima donnas (1 Viewer)

At the national student music awards final last year each band was only playing three songs. Bands were sharing gear as much as possible to limit changeover times and hassle. Lost brought they're full rig including 2 Marshall heads and cabs, spare guitars, singers own mic and most hilarious of all, something that looked like a waiste high mic stand infront of the singer's guitar but instead of a mic, it held a plectrum!

The eventual winners, Roper, were a metal band from Limerick who showed up, asked us for a lend of our amps, turned everything up to 11 and kicked arse!

I hate when bands show up with their own gear,assholes.

I can't remember the bands name but we played with this band once who were all really nice chaps. Loaned us their amps etc.
On stage, though, they had a 4 or 5 foot tall fan that seemed to just be there to blow the guitarists hair around.

I can't remember the bands name but we played with this band once who were all really nice chaps. Loaned us their amps etc.
On stage, though, they had a 4 or 5 foot tall fan that seemed to just be there to blow the guitarists hair around.

now thats an idea...anyone know where i can get a tall fan?

They weren't asking for M&Ms with all the red ones taken out, were they?

Sounds like they were just being professional.

a friend's band played a gig upstairs in 4 dame lane run by a really nice guy peter

peter asked him by e-mail if there was anything they needed for the gig and my mate said jokingly a bowl of blue m and m's. peter got the joke but amazingly had a bowl of blue m and m's ready for them when they arrived. now that's gig promoting!

now thats an idea...anyone know where i can get a tall fan?

from the crowd surely!
recordbreakersweb.jpg

!cheezy:D
- leigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back