Local Heroes (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 4
http://interstate808.tumblr.com/post/28001317175/yes-yes-a-thousand-times-fucking-yes-more-of

Maybe I'm getting hung up on the word "heroes" in the thread title, but nevertheless, here goes...
This is Gavin Prior and Diumraid (of these parts) and myself. D's track record is well established here, but Gav is another local hero, entirely unsung. He did, does, and hopefully will continue to move musical mountains.
I know this has been posted somewhere here before but it's a great bit of adult tantrum music. Fits my mood perfectly right now :)

that discogs entry is spot on. Idiot Brian mixed for Pet Lamb.
thats because i spent an hour, a litre of premier blue milk and a packet of bourbon creams editing it last night. before that, the pet lamb mooney linked to this:
For most of the nineties Brian was the guitarist /
singer for The Idiots, an Irish three-piece.

Before that he played keyboards for Into Paradise ,one of the few Irish bands to sign to a major label in the UK in the early nineties.
pet lamb one is now Brian Mooney (3)

i spent an hour, a litre of premier blue milk and a packet of bourbon creams editing it last night.
fucking discogs nazis. jesus h. pedant:

discogs said:
A comment was posted on Pet Lamb - Sweaty Handshake
from Discogs to unknownconvict 04-Dec-14 08:21 AM
Delete

Hello unknownconvict,
A comment was posted on Pet Lamb - Sweaty Handshake which you submitted or contributed to.

Comment: Unknowconvict, in future ensure these planned mass moves are discussed and agreed in the forums. Right now the line from management is to EI vote all these until it is discussed and agreed with to SR report the mass edit to staff where they usually suspend the offending party. I can see the edit is correct but you need to understand the guidelines, they are there as a fail safe and as courtesy for other users. Please read RSG §14.1.2. and this thread for further information:
Discogs Forum - Mass Edit -- Guideline and Protocol

Details/History: Log In

Current Quality Rating: Needs Vote

Sincerely,

discogs-black@260px.png

All that crap puts me off submitting releases to Discogs. And I've a ton of things not listed. Especially Irish pressings.

Did someone say Into Paradise? Great band. Local heroes at one time for me definitely.

All that crap puts me off submitting releases to Discogs. And I've a ton of things not listed. Especially Irish pressings.
submit and be damned. place is full of mouth-breathing, pedant twitchers with their hands in their jocks who are more interested in policing their stats and submissions than factual accuracy.

ENTIRELY INCORRECT

thats because i spent an hour, a litre of premier blue milk and a packet of bourbon creams editing it last night.

Good job! I think it's ok that there's a procedure on Discogs...isn't it a bit like wikipedia? Like if you could just put anything up without someone checking it would be open to all sorts of inaccuracy? It does look like a pain in the arse but it seems to me that the oversight is necessary in some shape or form.

Do you want to take a crack at filling out Brian Idiot's list with me sometime? I have some bits and pieces which I have wanted to put up
but have avoided the complication thus far. I looked at the forums about procedure a few times, it looks like it was designed by anally retentive taxonomy freaks which did put me off.

Good job! I think it's ok that there's a procedure on Discogs...isn't it a bit like wikipedia? Like if you could just put anything up without someone checking it would be open to all sorts of inaccuracy?
yeah but the guy whose entry i was editing was relying on incorrect info already which he'd made no attempt to correct, may even have been responsible for, so i took umbrage at the upbraiding.

Do you want to take a crack at filling out Brian Idiot's list with me sometime?
for sure. i think you can put up whatever new entries you want without resorting to the forum - i never have for the ones i've done before. i have the idiots tape, the beautiful unit c.d. and maybe the idiots road relish split 7". do you have their c.d.? their first 7"? (not sure anyone needs to remember that, least of all themselves - i only ever saw a single copy 2nd hand in the old freebird but never bought it. they all had stupid pseudonyms e.g. hugh jarse) i know brian had to buy himself a copy of the c.d. off amazon!

Another vote for Pet Lamb. My first band supported them in Longford Rugby Club (!) in 1994. We were still in school and they were (what seemed like) wizened hardcore veterans but they couldn't have been sounder. I remember being a bit annoyed that they didn't play "I Got Played".

Another local hero...Stoneybatter's finest.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best Christmas song ever.

With regard to @Burgerbarbaby 's post - It a continual outrage to me how sidelined @desertedvillage and it's family have been over the long years of their existence. It beggars belief. I would consider 'The Shore that Fears the Sea' one of the best Irish releases of that decade. I say this in spite of my own modest contributions to the cause, not because of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back