Line 6 Toneports? (1 Viewer)

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
Line 6 UX/KB? Has anyone used these? I want to get something like this for recording on my macbook but I really have no idea of the advantages or disadvantages to different things. I've used a Line 6 Pod for studio recording before and was impressed with the sound out of it, so I want an amp simulator, but also capabilities for recording live drums and so on. Also I want to use a midi keyboard, so is the KB37 a good mix of both, or would I be better off with a simple UX unit and a separate midi keyboard?

Line 6 UX/KB? Has anyone used these? I want to get something like this for recording on my macbook but I really have no idea of the advantages or disadvantages to different things. I've used a Line 6 Pod for studio recording before and was impressed with the sound out of it, so I want an amp simulator, but also capabilities for recording live drums and so on. Also I want to use a midi keyboard, so is the KB37 a good mix of both, or would I be better off with a simple UX unit and a separate midi keyboard?

Well I used one (a UX2 -the same as the KB37 less the keys and transport controls) for about a year or so. I still use it sometimes with a laptop. It's great. Really great for the money. You have to use the amp-simulator software when using it with any app -i.e. it has to be launched. there's a bypass button on the gui though.

The Gearbox software has some great preamp models that I sometimes still use. Plus the effects are Pod standard to my ears.

You could get a UX2 and a midi keyboard, but make sure the midi keyboard is a usb one, because the geniuses at Line 6 never put any MIDI i/o on the unit. The KB37 seems like a sound solution.

The only thing I'd be worried about here is that you mention being able to record drums as a requisite. Fine, if you don't mind using only two mics. It only has 2 inputs. (actually it has a few, but only 2 can be used simultaneously).

So apart from the drum thing, I'd probably get the KB37. If you're just getting the UX model, get the UX2 as the UX1 doesn't have phantom power and has just one input.

Hang on a sec... they've just released the UX8 which gives you 8 ins. Surely enough for your live drums thing. Yeas, it's more expensive, but you get all the extra amp models free.

So there.

There's a good article in SOS this month with the engineer in Xfm in London who uses a Pod/toneport to get guitar sounds for all the bands he records. He seems well impressed

I just got the KB37 on Friday. Haven't got a chance to use it yet tho and I really only got it for the built in soundcard and midi keyboard tho.
Initially I went to get the M-audio Ozone but thomann aren't selling it anymore.

It's deadly looking if anything.

i have a ux 2. i would only use it for gettin ideas together. the amp simulation sounds on it are ok. haven't tried micing an amp with it yet. very easy to use. guitarport internet thing is also very handy. gives you emulated presets of famous guys like montgomery, santana, slash which is good for the bastardising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back