• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
So with hellfest getting cancelled, Lifetime ended up playing three gigs over the weekend. There's a torrent of a video of the full second gig here. it's pretty wicked.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
There's a torrent of a video of the full second gig here. it's pretty wicked.
Watched bits of this and they are melodic metal and IMO total shyte, sound was poor too, I did my own film of Runnin' Riot at the Voodoo and (for my 1st time) it was better.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Really, there is absolutely nothing whatsoever metal about lifetime. Really.
How are they defined?, they are def not Punk, the problem is nowadays so many diff names for "Punk" etc
I get confused........
A Punk band to me as a bar would be The Swellbellies, Bastard Squad, Disturbance, External Menace etc etc
100% Punk
then u have differing versions of Punk
I use Punk torrent sites and have over 15 gig of d/l Punk stuff alone and that's after the other stuff I have deleted cos it was not to my taste.

Ok here are the bits that def suck in that vid
don't know the names of the songs but at these times these particular songs were pretty horrendously crap or melodic
2 mins in
13 mins in
20 mins in
31 mins in
45 mins in

btw nice line of earplugs they wear.

external menace rule. swellbellys once played an entire second set after i drunkenly accosted them for an encore.

JANER said:
then u have differing versions of Punk
I use Punk torrent sites and have over 15 gig of d/l Punk stuff alone and that's after the other stuff I have deleted cos it was not to my taste.

Everyone has differing versions of punk. so this argument will never be resolved. There's nothing less punk than having the argument about what is and isn't punk.

falsemonkey said:
Everyone has differing versions of punk. so this argument will never be resolved. There's nothing less punk than having the argument about what is and isn't punk.
In theory your argument sounds interesting but in reality it fails simply because Punk is Punk.
I shall now watch TV in bed.
Back in 90

JANER said:
In theory your argument sounds interesting but in reality it fails simply because Punk is Punk.
I shall now watch TV in bed.
Back in 90
Yeah dummy, punk is about rigorously sticking to the same formula someone invented almost thirty years ago. To do something different or try to expand the formula is not punk.

Like, duh!

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Yeah dummy, punk is about rigorously sticking to the same formula someone invented almost thirty years ago. To do something different or try to expand the formula is not punk.

Like, duh!
Let's take the 1st generation of Punk acts such as the Pistols/Damned/Clash/Ramones and let's compare them to the 2nd Generation Uk Subs/Cockney Rejects/Angelic Upstarts to the next Crass/FPI/Discharge/Conflict/GBH and so on and so on, now some how between all those bands I just mentioned and the ones I said earlier including Swellbellies/Disturbance/External Menace/Bastard Squad each of those are Pure Punk AND totally diff from each previous Generation so your argument falls flat.
and stop speaking like a Middle class College kid dropout with your "like duh!" !baggyyyy

Jayzuz Janer you a strange one, but yeah 100% behind ya on this one , I like all the posi shite the hardcore/crusty scene promotes but jezuz the music is fuckin dire ,completley unlistenable for the most part!

whens the runnin riot footage from???

I used to be so into Lifetime,I've not listened to them in such a long time. The early records are pretty poor,I don't know why I kept buying them haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back