Let the Right One In (2 Viewers)

I thought it was obvious that Oskars da was an alcoholic. I suspected that Eli was a man, though I thought he was a shapeshifter, as vampires often are. I had no reason to think that Oskar would be anything other than Eli's new helper

Good film though.

Were we in the same showing? I just came home from it in Cineworld. Just don't get swept up by the hype hyperbole (e.g. 98% on Rottentomatoes). Just go expecting a good movie and you'll enjoy it.

pretty much what i thought, heard all sorts about it winning this and that award. Not near what they say but still a good film

i love this film, it's close to perfect. it's cold, tender, chilling, hilarious, and beautiful in equal measure. i loved the close up shot of eli's eyes just at the end. stunning.

generally i agree with pissypants - explanations from the book don't really bear on the movie as a work of art and don't interest me. but in saying that, i got the impression that the helper was actually a paedophile that she merely used, though it did occur to me that he may once have been a 12 year old sweetheart, but there was nothing in eli to suggest any sentimentality or love in her life until she met oskar.

if that sequel idea is true it's a bit worrying, i love the promise in it as it is. apparently an american remake is in pre-production... makes me want to drop bombs on hollywood.

I really didn't think that this was anything special at all. I thought it was really unatmospheric for a start and that the various strands to the film didn't cohere together at all.

I enjoyed it, but I thought it could have held back from the over-the-top silliness of the swimming pool scene.

The boy seemed younger than twelve.

Finally, I took it that he is definitely her new helper and that the previous one had met her a long time ago in similar circumstances. A neat little package.

I don't know how to hide text.

I enjoyed it, but I thought it could have held back from the over-the-top silliness of the swimming pool scene.

The boy seemed younger than twelve.

Finally, I took it that he is definitely her new helper and that the previous one had met her a long time ago in similar circumstances. A neat little package.

Nah, it's a different set up.
she made the old guy Hakkan go out and do the killing for her
whereas, with Oskar she wont let him kill for her because she cares about him. If there's a cycle there, it has been broken when she meets Oskar

I go with what Oh Shit says exactly

You go: [ SPOILER ] The plot [ / SPOILER ].

(Also works in lower case).

I really enjoyed this movie.

In some ways it's cool that there's a question mark over the ending as regards Oskar's fate. I had no problem with the swimming pool scene - it's pulpy/comic book violence. The actress who plays Eli doesn't look at all boyish, which you'd think would be the case, given his/her medical history.

Oskars facial expressions after he spoke bothered me.

use spoiler tags: put the word SPOILER in backets like these [] before your text and /SPOILER ( in [] too!) after your text.

i.e. like this {SPOILER} and {/SPOILER} but with [ instead of {

sorry, cant show you the actual text or it just becomes a spoiler and you won't see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back