Les Savy Fav@the shelter (1 Viewer)

simcard

4th of October the favs are back promoting "Go Forth", i dunno how they're perceived on this board,but they kick my ass.

... because according to the aiken promotions website, someone called Margaret Healy is playing in the shelter that night.

keep your eyes peeled and fingers crossed for a proper les savy fav confirmation.

we got the streets, suckahs.

that's kinda fucking weird, cuz i came to this board today with one direct intention.... to ask what the deal was with this supposed les savy fav gig.
and there was the same question starin me back in the face.

anyway, accordin to the southern website, they ARE meant to be playin here, but southern often list gigs for ireland that never actually come through (eg, sweep the leg last march, dianogah last february, supposedly tara jane o neill and juno in the forthcomin months....)

anyway, here's hopin they do.

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
ell-ee-ess-ess-ae-vee-wy-eff-ae-vee-ell-ee-ess-ess-ae-vee-wy-eff-ae-vee-ell-ee-ess-ess-ae-vee-wy-eff-ae-vee!!

juno: dunno what the deal is with this one.

tara jane o'neill: this is being done by alpha relish and afaik whelans has been booked.

shiner (de soto) and aina (barcelona, bcore records) are being put on by the kids on dec 6, dunno where yet.

les savy fav: it's looking like they'll be playing my 21st party at parnell mooneys on 4th october w/ the baseball fury and puget sound, to be followed by the excellent ground zero DJs.

also, owls (all the original members of cap 'n jazz) are scheduled to come to ireland in december. more news on this when i have it.

i'll post again when lsf are confirmed.

Damo baby, I better be on da invite list for that!

Oh yeah, I said it to Paco in London about TRAGEDY doing an afternoon and I have yet to hear back from him.And that was about a week ago.Strange.

Damn fine djing the other night by the way.My hat comes off to you again sir.

well the posters are going up for les savy fav, so i guess it's safe to presume that it is now happening.

of course you've got an invite jamie, everyone does (provided you've got a fiver and are not a cunt: then we'll have the bouncers hurl you into the ra bar around the corner).

oh and jamie, i was thinking about doing tragedy in wicklow. i'll be in touch soon.

owls!

yay!!

this. has. made. day.
along with getting a promo of the new fugazi lp...

i saw owls when i was on holidays and they rocked. guitarist was on fire. am really getting lost in this american analogue set album, so sweet...
hey, can we play with owls?

Damo, funnily enough, I was thinking Waterford if all else failed.But Paco's taking fucking ages to reply anyway,so...Hmmm..

i've seen owls too, they are amazing. should be good (if/when it happens).
hag: i thought youse "were not playing again for ages". you get all the good gigs already anyway.

and jamie: email me for details of the plan...

let's not forget harum scarum in late nov, the return of feverdream in november and the almighty TRAGEDY on nov 25.
yes, it's looking like a nice couple of months.

right, i'm off to the 'dam.

yeah well, thanks for nothin' damien. didn't want to play with the stupid owls anyway. plus, you're a big baby... and so is your stupid band and your stupid *gig collective thingy*. in fact, everything you've ever been involved with, including you extended *family*, is completely brown.

so whats the story with this then? i'm not from dublin so please explain where these muthafuckas are playin?

right: the story is that LES SAVY FAV, ENON (with ex-members of Brainiac, The Lapse and Blonde Redhead), PUGET SOUND and THE BASEBALL FURY are playing downstairs in Parnell Mooneys (Parnell St, opp Rotunda hospital) next thursday 4th october at 8.30pm. The bands will be followed by the excellent Ground Zero DJs till 2am. It's a fiver in and i'm keeping all the money for myself.

alright, puget sound can't play so it's just going to be the three bands. doors will open promptly at 8.30, the bands start at nine (sharp!), and will be over by 11.30. then ground zero has got two DJs till 2am playing the best of punk, hardcore and metal.
yes, this is going to rock!

I caught Enon and Les savy Favs. Great gigs.
The bloke from the Favs is a head the ball (for want of a better phrase). Spat beer all over me too, the cunt. (good album, though)

Les Savy Fav were indeed most rocking...good shit.

The singer was indeed a bit of a head-the-baller. But a GOOD head-the-baller, like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back