• Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3

MDR

Did you get my email?
Website
www.myspace.com
I heard about laura marling through aoife's Indie Hour show on Dublin FM, and I think she heard about it through the nialler9 blog. Anywho, I've been listening to Laura Marling's stuff on youtube since, and bought the album today. After one listen while eating quorn burgers and answering emails, it's very impressive.

Anyone else know/like her music? She's only 17 or something but writes like someone weeks older than that.

I worked on a song she did w/ The Mystery Jets. quite nice. and heard some of the Noah and the Whale album thats still in production. Kinda like The Clean or simple keyboardy stuff. again v.nice and shes v.nice. nice

There ya go I posted.............!

I can't help pronouncing her name in my head like Irish Times Paris Correspondent Lara Marlowe who has an absurdly posh/weird accent.

Hey up Kings,
Really like her voice on the Mystery Jets single. What did you do on it? It seems to be doing well so far too.

Hey Kings Led Hat

Just heard that single with the Mystery Jets/ Laura Marling on Rob da Bank....it's catchy a gogo. Did you play on it?

I saw her a few years back and she was pretty lovely. Not that into what she does personally, but her voice is gorgeous live and her second album was way better than the first imho.

Like this one tho

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really liked that last album too. Saddened I'll be out of the country when she's playing

The 7'' of covers she released earlier this year on Jack White's label has this cracking tune on it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like her too.
I do sense though in a few years her album is going to be in the David Grey's Century Ends section of the record collection where you have to say "no no she used to be cool, that's a good album, you should listen to it"

She wouldn't really be my bag at all musically, but I saw her live a few years ago and was absolutely blown away by her voice and her magnetism on stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back