Latest Foggy Notions (1 Viewer)

the cd is pretty good too. i've never heard of a single artist on it! didn't think the smog cover was that good to be honest mainly cos i absolutely love the smog version, so little compares to it. did like the Ms. John Soda track a lot.

Were the previous CDs this good?

The last 2 or 3 have been really good - usually featuring bands I haven't heard of either. The mysterious Kool Drool compiles them.

www.myspace.com/kooldrool

It is a bit wordy, with too few pics and too much text causing temporary blindness, but I like it. Better than reading another bloody cover story on the Beatles or Dylan anyway.

Yeh, but like someone said, its hardly critical of much stuff, mainly cos they do features on artists they like. I still reckon pitchfork does the most interesting interviews most of the time, even if their interviewers often end up sounding like tools.

I think the cds the only good thing about it meself.
They're not exactly 'critical' of any of the artists they cover.

I'm a WIRE man myself. Every time I read it I feel I have to buy at least ten new records.
Mind you it's getting a bit repetetive-Wolf Eyes, John Cage, Evan Parker, Brian Eno's teabag installations blah blah blah

The Wire gives the thumbs up to the The Grateful Dead. Positive reviews of Dick's Picks etc.

Doesn't seem to rub off on most of the readers though.

It's good. Not easy obtain though.
Easons is the only place in Newbridge that stocks it and the CDs are often nicked.

Often have looked for it in Dublin to no avail. Where do you people buy it?

Subscribing to these magazines is bollocks as the rates for 'Eire' are uncompetitive.

I do like 'The Word' from the UK. Has a nice mix of everything, and some telly.

Maybe FN just covers stuff they like, or good stuff. There's your critisism right there. "if it's not in here, we don't like it".

arts-film-200x247-bouncer.jpg

"your names not on the list...your not gettin in"

I'm sure yis all know but anyways, this is out again. Mark E Smith on the cover.

And Georgey McFly was right, Trost is on this months CD. You have the inside track there Georgey. Fair play!

HI-larious interview with Mark E Smith. He always gives good copy. You can feel his nasal drawl dripping from the pages.
CD is pretty good too. Love that Junior Boys tune & I'll be seeking out more RadioInactive post-haste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back