Last nights tele (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
I was sort of surprised at the link at the end as well but, I don't Robbie was really the end of Brit Pop, I think stuff like the Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, ORbital etc had a bit to with ending the skiny boys/girl types with Telecasters trend....

I thought it was really odd they left out the three named above, they showed piccys of em at one point and i figured they were gonna mention em, so i kept watching.
The three of em, particularly the Prodigy had a massive impact, especially in the states where they're much more bankable than any of the guitar bands. They were banging on about the milestone albums of the early and mid-90's and completely skipped over 'Music For The Jilted Generation'. They forgot about Maxinquaye too. Rubes.
I like the prodigy quite a bit.

britpop was over when oasis released another shit shit album (3rd one?), they met tony blair, and all the shite indie bands like kula shaker, sleeper, menswear, etc just didn't have enough good songs to continue!

thank god for the furries and radiohead, the only good things to come from that era...

cassette/tape said:
britpop was over when oasis released another shit shit album (3rd one?), they met tony blair, and all the shite indie bands like kula shaker, sleeper, menswear, etc just didn't have enough good songs to continue!

it really was just a media movement - a rule britannia type a thing where the stiff upper lips got tired of importing culture from the u.s. and wanted to hype some indigenous made-in-england 'talent'. So a scene was cobbled together in the good mixer in camden and oasis handily enough released an album that was a cut and paste job of the last 30 years of british pop...

indeed the welsh contingent, the glaswegians and radiohead and tindersticks were the only bands (arguably) keepin it real and looking forward instead of back....

i reckons we're much better of with what we have now than then.....

(whilst bored in easons yesterday i browsed the nme and found the thrills in amsterdam eating a banana from betwixt a dutch strippers legs - them prix are so edgy and cool.... ;) )

snakybus said:
I see why you like him, he's just like you!

except he's famous, and rich, and not a graphic designer

heh heh heh heh

I have Starshaped whch is the video thing of their first two albums and a tour diary. A bigger pack of obnoxious drunken arse holes you could not hope to have the pleasure to come across. It's hilarious.

RAD-ALARM said:
wasn't KULA SHAKER a NAZTI SKINS BAND??

nope but crispin mills (haleys kid and johns grandson!) said in an interview something about the swastika having originally been a good luck symbol in ancient cultures and that is was pretty cool. this was misconstrued as him being a nazi. his band were shite. its not like he said "hitler had the right idea". or even what dougal said "who would he be like, hitler of one of them mad fella's?". ;)

Skrewdriver were a nazi skin band tho. unpleasent people. singer's dead now. good.

Pantone247 said:
Starshaped whch is the video thing of their first two albums and a tour diary. A bigger pack of obnoxious drunken arse holes you could not hope to have the pleasure to come across. It's hilarious.

I love it for Pop Scene alone.....plus the farcical tea drinking scene in the back of the taxi

spectraljanitor said:
Three Colours Red
Hurricane#1
These Animal Men
Gene....
Kenickie
Goya Dress
echobelly

Looking back, all that music did suck! reminds me of the junior cert.

thickaspigshit said:
Ultrasound.......yeeeeeeahhhh for the big lads

Tiny from ultrasound had a great line when i saw em in finsbury park a few years back, "I hate football, sport is shit, it's not my favourite way to get fit!"

that rhymes and you know it does.

Once a friend of mine tried to convince me that 'drawn to the deep end' by gene was "perfect" and better than the holy bible by the manics.

Ed said:
Tiny from ultrasound had a great line when i saw em in finsbury park a few years back, "I hate football, sport is shit, it's not my favourite way to get fit!"

that fella was totally overweight wasn't he...not a bit "tiny"! :eek:

My Life Story
Tiny Monroe
Blaggers I.T.A.

thickaspigshit said:
Ultrasound.......yeeeeeeahhhh for the big lads

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

they're first album was a double album, everyone music jurno on the go wanked themselves silly over it, and it was the biggest piece of turd ever.

ha ha ha ha ha!!

It makes me think a far more hilarious, interesting and revealling documentary on that whole era could've been made by tracing the fortunes of all them saps mentioned above... and tracking them down to the various chip shops and factoires they now work for... ask them what they thought about Brit Pop now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back