Last nights tele (2 Viewers)

no i saw the mothman prophecies
based on a true story
i love when horrors say farcical gibberish like that at the start
good sounds in the flim but

goone review .|..|
thats one rock and roll as opposed to five P .O .O .R .

Anthony said:
Any one see that programme about 90s brit bands?
Damon Alburn is some prick bu'

Its was pretty interesting, reminded me of starting art college and thinking I'd be Damian Hirst and Select Magazine and all that gear. Great days... ahem...

You could tell Damon was mortified by what happened, now that he is Mali music art rock hip boy, he's too cool for pop charts and selling singles and was really squirming at what he was cleary the instigator of.

But what I thought was worse was Noel Gallagher still thinking Oasis are great and relevant and exciting and that anyone gives a shit anymore. At least damon was embarressed.

Also Laim not knowing what androgenesis meant. ha ha ha!!

The only person who came looking anyway intellegent was Jarvis Cocker. Who I found very funny.

Also, Sleeper... what the fuck was the world thinking? Pretty girl. Yes. But awful awful band.

Pantone247 said:
Its was pretty interesting, reminded me of starting art college and thinking I'd be Damian Hirst and Select Magazine and all that gear. Great days... ahem...

You could tell Damon was mortified by what happened, now that he is Mali music art rock hip boy, he's too cool for pop charts and selling singles and was really squirming at what he was cleary the instigator of.

But what I thought was worse was Noel Gallagher still thinking Oasis are great and relevant and exciting and that anyone gives a shit anymore. At least damon was embarressed.

Also Laim not knowing what androgenesis meant. ha ha ha!!

The only person who came looking anyway intellegent was Jarvis Cocker. Who I found very funny.

Also, Sleeper... what the fuck was the world thinking? Pretty girl. Yes. But awful awful band.

Missed it ... and to my great relief I can't actually remember Sleeper. Which ones werre they again?

thegoone said:
no i saw the mothman prophecies
based on a true story
i love when horrors say farcical gibberish like that at the start
good sounds in the flim but

That were Low what did the music weren't it?

ah Poor Damon...but I do love that Mali music album (and not in a worthy, oh lovely world music way...in a 'it's good' way)

sleeper - she was sooo pretty I never cared what they sounded

gallagher - I'd pay good money to see him stripped naked and spit on, the silly fuck.

Jarvis - a really funny and nice guy who only got a little spoilt by the biz...

I though it was interesting that Noel Gallagher was shot in what seemed like a rich castle and Damon was in a dingy cafe fiddling with an instrument. 13 is a good album but..... what a dickhead.

Noel really is lucky to have a fool for a brother that kept their band in the news and did stupid stuff like the Vanity Fair cover... still and always were shite.

Jarvis always comes across well on the tele. Anyone see that series he did where he went across america interviewing outsider artists. twas good.

I missed it, was watching Bobby de niro and Pacino.

Jarvis, from same city as me.....respect

Louise Wener.....sweet dreams were made of this. Saw her once supporting manics...top totty indeed

Damon, fell off stage at reading/leeds.....couldnt have happened to a nicer chap.

Strange how their biggest hit(allegedly) wasnt even sung by him but some geezer.

Anthony said:
I though it was interesting that Noel Gallagher was shot in what seemed like a rich castle and Damon was in a dingy cafe fiddling with an instrument.

oh yeah, "Put the fucking Ukelle down you cunt!" *bonk!*

See Louise Weener being interviewed in a London greasy spoon cafe, I would've said "yeah, thats where she works now!"

but I was watching it on my own.... *sigh*

Jarvis's outside art thing was deadly.

kirstie said:
two words to say about louise wener: very plain

and this is what she be up to these days

http://www.buy4now.ie/Eason/productview.asp?productid=1218174

at one point she said it was "verboten" to slag blair / new labour
and quickly followed verboten up with "or forbidden" in case we couldn't keep up with her astounding multilingual vocabulary...sheesh

jarvis is a total hero and always makes me smile
aye, outsider art series was a gem....he is PERFECT for TV
and should get more offers / commissions

i have to admit i've always loved blur and they defined that era for me...albarn was sitting in the good mixer pub in camden ( a pub they've long been associated with ) gallagher was sitting in his very big house in the country ( so, not staged either )

it was a pity graham coxon or alex james didn't contribute to the film.....

In fairness to Damon Albarn, Blur were the only one out of that gang who went on and did music that was remotely challenging, even though the documentary painted him as a knob and Oasis as saviours.

Elastica - died
Suede - crawled up their own asses
Oasis - shite
Menswear - shite
Pulp - well, did a bit of good stuff I suppose
Sleeper - give me a break

and what was it about yer one from Sleeper going on about Robbie Williams carrying the mantle of Shitpop? Apparently he called Sleeper in to listen to his album and thought it was 11/10, and she said "which it was". Shut up, floozy!

Pantone247 said:

Albarn = prick. why? he jumped for joy when he heard of kurt cobains death cause he reckoned then his band could get big on the back of the frivolous atmosphere that then pervaded the music media scene (rock n roll is meant to be fun not suicidal, i think was the logic that birthed britpop). and i don't think he's too cool for the charts - what about that gorillaz shit? sold more that recent blur(gh!). Also its just patronising for a white middle class fop to got top africa and jam with a few locals and the export it home in a watered down palatable stylee. thats called cultural imperialiam isn't it?

at least noelly g is funny in his interviews even though his music is depicable.

jarvis wrote 'sorted for e's and wizz' so he's ok in my book. the last word i the drug debate i reckon ...

and the sleeper bird, Lousie Weener is a woofer!

yes indeed. bad memories of shite music embraced by the masses... :(

snakybus said:
In fairness to Damon Albarn, Blur were the only one out of that gang who went on and did music that was remotely challenging, even though the documentary painted him as a knob and Oasis as saviours.

True. I love Blur me. But Albarn is very contrary and very aware of how he wants to be percieved by the various peer groups who make up his audience (dippy sex symbol for the ladies, jumpy pop boy for the teeny boppers, serious art guy for the older boys etc etc). But this has little to do with the music, which is quality. Modern Life is Rubbish especially.

I thought Louise's point was more that Britpop had run its course and shot itself in the foot, that none of them had the cop on to extend their career out of it (or if they did never with the same momentum as they did at that point), and Robbie('s managment) came along, saw the gap, and lept to it with big bland pop tunes and a cheeky rock attitude that won the day.

*shrug*

I was sort of surprised at the link at the end as well but, I don't Robbie was really the end of Brit Pop, I think stuff like the Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, ORbital etc had a bit to with ending the skiny boys/girl types with Telecasters trend....

*SHRUG*

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back