last night (2 Viewers)

I like Oly's "Killing Them" idea,obviously.
However, a more workable alternative might simply to be refuse letting certain people into gigs.Like it or not, it's always the same fucking people,you know, I know, we could probably all name them.It's time you stop using the "but they're my mates" excuse and start dealing with them.

Damo's spot on right and i can only offer my apologies as one of that crowd. We all acted without forthought and consideration and then i got a free lift in an ambulance. Sorry Damo, Ed, et al. I shan't be doing that again.

PS Cheers to all that helped me out. Especially to ella, karen, kieron, and that american guy who put the smoke in my mouth.

i dunno, i'm one of 'damo's mates' but i always pay into gigs and i never leave my cans lying around. that said, i prefer to hang around outside drinking cans than watching bands i don't particularly enjoy. and as for not jumping in to save andy, i didn't know what the fuck was going on, i couldn't see who it was that was on the ground, i thought it was one of their lads. i'm not big into fighting but i'd certainly jump in to help a mate even though i'm fairly timid. so i don't appreciate all this 'everyone's a coward' shit when some ppl just don't like getting into fights. it wasn't clear what was going on and it's fucking grand for you lads to slag off ppl who were outside when you weren't involved yrself.

needtokill said:
I like Oly's "Killing Them" idea,obviously.
However, a more workable alternative might simply to be refuse letting certain people into gigs.Like it or not, it's always the same fucking people,you know, I know, we could probably all name them.It's time you stop using the "but they're my mates" excuse and start dealing with them.

Nooly regardless of where you prefer to drink your cans it really doesn't make an ounce of difference. You might be responsible and keep it under wraps but reality is mots people get fuckered and any sort of cop-on goes out the window. Its a pity this isnt germany and we could rink happily on the streets but its not and the only outcome.

Also for anyone who doesn't like fighting, hanging out by the canal is probably not the wisest decision. weren't some other people given a kicking down near there only a couple of weeks ago.

In a perfect world we could drink otuside venues and beside canals without a problem but regardless of how much people try to deny it, this will fuck up the venue. Also i wasn't outside when all this happened. i was standing doing the door in an empty room, but i still think it gives me a right to say my piece about it.

Im glad to hear your feeling a bit better Andy.

hey everyone thanks a million for the support, apologies to anyone i may have overly offended/criticised in the first post, i was feeling pretty emo(tional)/stressed at the time, i would be happy to discuss the issue in person with anyone who wants to bring it up at any time.

seriously though, no cans tonight at all please, no drinking outside, i've 3 gigs booked in the lower deck between now and mid june and if they are pulled its going to be too short notice to get a different venue.. so if you care at all about seeing jenniferever, retisonic (ex-bluetip) and i walk the line (members of manifesto jukebox & wasted) then please try not to fuk shit up.

DuncheeKnifed said:
don't be fighting at punk gigs or drinking outside playing the hard lads. there's no birds in the scene worth impressing.

I dont know about anybody else but when I fight Im trying to communicate my frustrated notions of masculinity, provoked by the lack of a positive male cultural protaganist worsened by the widening gap between representations in the media of the sexes blah blah blah blah disapears inside own arse.

It was a real shame there wasn't loads of cans and fighting last night. I was hoping to hear that Damo had done a Kerry John and broke into someone's gaff and beat the shit out of them in bed for ruining the gig. Don't mess with Kerry John.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back