Last Chance to get Doc Martens from Vegetarian Shoes! (1 Viewer)

seanstress

Website
continue.to
"Last Chance to get Doc Martens from Vegetarian Shoes!
If you always wanted a pair of Veggie Docs then get them now! Veggie Shoes is to stop carrying the brand after 10+ years. When Dr Martens decided to take production to China it was a tough decision as the shoes and boots are so popular. But we have always wanted to promote English and European made footwear.
Vegetarian Shoes will continue to carry its own-brand of UK made footwear With Cushioned soles, (see the 'Airseal' Tab on the homepage). Non-leather Docs will now only be available while stocks last. "

http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/

When I first got a pair of veggie docs, by mail order from this crowd they wrote a note sayying I was the first person in Ireland to buy a pair of docs from them. Always thought it was a good story, until I met someone else who said they got the same friggin note...a good way of doing business.

how awful

and to make things worse all those groupies you got from being in stress who told you that you were their first in ireland had probably told derenzy the same thing only half an hour previously.

the strange guy said:
Isn't buying veggie Doc Martens like buying a veggie burger in McDonalds? Both multi-nationals are responsible for countless animal deaths.
Here is a website that may help open your mind. http://www.thepeta.net/

And on the same website

http://www.peta.org/feat/bkveg/index.html

so McDonalds= bad
Burger King= good

or alternatively you could decide for yourself what 'ethical 'actually means

the strange guy said:
You obviously didn't check out the link I posted. Thank you for your uninformed opinion.
You're right, I didnt. Thank YOU for pointing that out to me.

Thats taking it a bit to the extreme, buying veggie Doc Martens like buying a veggie burger in McDonalds? I'll have to check out what type of shoes your wearing the next time I see you, are your shoes/runners made by some anarchist punk collective? or St. Bernard or nike. After wearing shitty canvas boots, rubber boots and even fuckin welly's. my feet were like crap, its great to have breathable boots for a change.

Most everything you buy, a multinational has been used in the process of making it. Its the same old lesser of two evils arguement. Now will ya ever get off Eirecore, your always on here! read a book, watch some tv, ride a bike!

Isn't buying veggie Doc Martens like buying a veggie burger in McDonalds? Both multi-nationals are responsible for countless animal deaths.
Here is a website that may help open your mind. http://www.thepeta.net/

No, buying veggie doc martins is not like buying a veggie burger in mcshit!...

unless i am mistaken and the "veggie" doc martins you are talking about would be coming from the doc martins company, not the vegetarian shoes company.

If from the Doc Martin company itself then you are completely right! But of course if from veggie shoes, its completely fine- they took the design of the boot and made it vegan!!-thats wonderful-especially cos us vegans still need good god damn boots ;-) especially if actively involved in saving animals lives.

I actually really want a pair from the veggie shoes company BUT wow are they expensive BUT they do last forever. I got a pair of trainers from them about 5 years ago, wore them every day for 2 years and started wearing them again a lot AND they are still fine, only now starting to let water in when it rains. They were worth the 60-odd pounds.

VeganJehad.

When I first got a pair of veggie docs, by mail order from this crowd they wrote a note sayying I was the first person in Ireland to buy a pair of docs from them. Always thought it was a good story, until I met someone else who said they got the same friggin note...a good way of doing business.
Bit like a bird who tells ya that she lost her cherry to ya :eek:

i always thought Vegetarian Shoes should do guitar straps and studded belts. they'd make a mint since you can only really order them things from the states at quite a cost.

wrote to them a few times suggesting it, don't seem to have much interest.
well, whatever.

here, while we're on the subject of veggie burgers etc. does anyone know why Dunnes Stores has stopped stocking Lindos? Don't like Quorn sausages very much :(

here, while we're on the subject of veggie burgers etc. does anyone know why Dunnes Stores has stopped stocking Lindos? Don't like Quorn sausages very much :(

Dunnes on Georges St still stock em, Stephens Green are pricks. Otherwise healthfood shops is your only (expensive) man.

That being said, I had a staunch Lindos only policy for a long time until my bro insisted I try a quorn one again (after being sickened by them many years ago). Whatever way he'd cooked them they were yummy, and then I had some barbequed a couple of weeks later and I've never looked back.

Veggishoes- are there any shops real or cyber that people have bought from? I know there used to be one in Dublin...

Buzzo...
I tried one of them Quorn lads recently in my ma's gaff and I still wasn't into them.
I guess Sosmix is the way to go, since you can add loads of shit to it yerself and make deadly ones.

On the shoe front....

I've never seen anywhere that you can buy veggie shoes specificly in Dublin..
but you can get veggie skate shoes sometimes, dcs or what have you, they're alright, not the best, made from shite canvassy material which is bollox in wet Irish winters.

I just ordered my thrid pair of shoes from Vegetarian Shoes today, saw them on sale wheeeeee.
I like VegShoes cos they last you a lifetime. But they don't always have very nice shoes.
Once I was in the VegShoes shop, but that's in Brighton so that's no help to you really. Unless you go there, it's a deadly place! So many veggie restaurants! Good gigs! Etc! Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back