Land Lovers, Night on Earth, Big Monster Love play at Whelan's on Saturday, 8/11 (1 Viewer)

Moods For Mallards

Land Lovers appear on a stage in Whelan's on Saturday, 8th November to literally play a number of songs. Most of the songs will be familiar to owners of "Romance Romance", their only album in a thirty-five year career blighted by disease.

Support on the night comes from the incandescent Night on Earth and the canorous Big Monster Love (epithets courtesy of Google Description Generator).
Admission is 10 euro.
myspace.com/landlovers
myspace.com/nightonearthband
myspace.com/bigmonsterlove

Venue is upstairs in Whelan's
Admission is 10 euro
It is on a Saturday
Doors open at 8-30 PM
Assistance comes from Hefty Horse

Journalists liked our album upon its release in the worrisome summer of 1978. Here are some nice bits:

"Irish album of the summer, packed to the brim with gorgeous, singable tunes... There is nothing, absolutely nothing, like this record in any other musical camp in the country." - HotPress.com

"A sparky little gem from Dublin's DIY leftfield... with a stinging lyric sheet. Vocalist Pádraig Cooney is both wounded poet and cynical dissector of modern mores and his sonic furnishings of clipped guitars and wobbly eighties synths make for a smart, no-frills backdrop. A hugely promising and highly recommended debut." - 4/5, RTE Guide

"This excellent debut delivers bang up to date, uncommonly smart pop. Fresh melodies engage first, then fantastic lyrics kick in... achingly sweet... the wonderful, self conscious love song The Black Country easily lives up to the standard of Back on the Chain Gang, from which it borrows its opening riff... perfectly formed collection" - 4/5, The Ticket (Irish Times)

"There are beautiful guitar hooks... the production is near perfect for what is essentially a home recording." - 4/5, The Sunday Tribune

"This is an album with catchy hooks, original lyrics and some moments of pure indie-pop." - The Event Guide

Poster to follow...

Debout, les damnés de la terre
Debout, les forçats de la faim
La raison tonne en son cratère
C'est l'éruption de la fin
Du passé faisons table rase
Foules, esclaves, debout, debout
Le monde va changer de base
Nous ne sommes rien, soyons tout
|: C'est la lutte finale
Groupons-nous, et demain
L'Internationale
Sera le genre humain

Poster.jpg

Dammit! This gig is not on Friday 8th November, it's on Saturday 8th November.
My future in correctness is over.

I have my college 5 year reunion that night too. It's gonna be bizay! PS does anyone have a loan of a semi-acoustic? The pickups in mine are banjaxed.

I have my college 5 year reunion that night too. It's gonna be bizay! PS does anyone have a loan of a semi-acoustic? The pickups in mine are banjaxed.

Get your entire class to come along.
Sorry, I have been meaning to get a semi-acoustic for years. If I get one in the next week or so I'll let you know.

Unfortunately, Night on Earth have had to withdraw from this gig.
On the bright side, we have found a replacement in the multi-award winning Pantone 247, familiar to many of you Thumped readers.
Land Lovers would like to apologise to those deceived by the poster, which is now wrong in so many ways. However, the night itself promises to be better.

00027.jpg

Three brothers raised in an orphanage by a waterfall between World Wars. Only they're not brothers, but they are deaf, from the noise of the waterfall. Learning their instruments from watching an old VHS copy of The Best Of The Tube they only knew if they were putting their hands in the right places on their instruments when Sister Hellacious, who ran the orphanage, would smile benignly and tap her foot.

Turns out she was deaf too. From the noise of the waterfall.

Last spring Sister Hellacious passed away and now the boys don't know if they're playing their instruments right anymore. So they decided, amongst themselves, to find other people who might listen and see if they're still moving they're fingers and feet to the right places at the right time.

Just please don't tell them they're not really brothers.

Sahurday for this. Bump.
Confirmation that it's Land Lovers, Pantone 247 and Big Monster Love who shall dazzle.

This is a good thread.
Here's an interview with the guy from Land Lovers.

Nick Cave and The Bad SeedsThe Boatman's Call: It’s my favourite mood album. It always conjures images of being in a park on a hot summer’s day in about 1895, during a personal tragedy.

wow, you're way older than you look

Nick Cave and The Bad SeedsThe Boatman's Call: It’s my favourite mood album. It always conjures images of being in a park on a hot summer’s day in about 1895, during a personal tragedy.

wow, you're way older than you look

I'm pretty old. 1895 was a great year for music, but a bad year for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back