lame frames (1 Viewer)

man that Bobby Pulls a Wilson thing sure went around, huh.
It sounded terribly off from the get go - werent they supposed to have taken a pay off of cash/gear to keep quiet/not sue? what did ever happen to them? it was a terrible song anyway - pavement tune. genuinely the worst song on that album, go figure.

best thing Bobby Pulls a Wilson ever did - giant bass player leapt over the drumkit onto the drummer destroying all.

cassette/tape said:
yes, i wondered about that.

so sadie, whose song did they rip off and pay off?

dunno who it was but the song is The Stars Are Underground

so, the frames song 'the stars are underground/pavement tune' sounds similar to a 'bobby pulls a wilson' song.
and rumour has it the frames stole it and paid them off?

sounds like no-one will be able to expand on this.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
cool - i'll get it download from napster
someone told me it was about paddy casey or damien rice?

on the day it was released Glen said something like

"here's me new song, same as the last one, and it's NOT about Paddy Casey"

or something... biggest non event ever basically

re-emmmer how the cranberries either covered and forgot to credit or ripped off a blink song and had to pay them bazillions?
me neither
who's door did glen hansard knock down? c'mon guys - someone must know!!!
i downloaded that 'fake' song - it's very good. it sounds a bit like the melody to some flaming lips song at the end. i dunno i've never heard the flaming lips.
andrew

cassette/tape said:
so, the frames song 'the stars are underground/pavement tune' sounds similar to a 'bobby pulls a wilson' song.

yes. it wll goes back to the day that bpaw copywrighted the owl b minor. (soon after that pamf invented the slp bass) and then glen had to pay them to use their song or something. which all means that frank black must be making a fucking fortune off glen for the birds. bird. reminds me of when jj cale refered to his income as the clapton money.

for the birds is a great name for an album.

clapton used to call his cock the clapton cream factory.

i like the rumours.

avernus said:
man that Bobby Pulls a Wilson thing sure went around, huh.
It sounded terribly off from the get go - werent they supposed to have taken a pay off of cash/gear to keep quiet/not sue? what did ever happen to them? it was a terrible song anyway - pavement tune. genuinely the worst song on that album, go figure.

best thing Bobby Pulls a Wilson ever did - giant bass player leapt over the drumkit onto the drummer destroying all.

they were in the process of suing when they were offered a large sum as a pay off instead. the singer was about to move to the states and figured he could do with the money for the move and didn't want to have to stick around for the sueing process. he fought to at least get song writing credits on the album but i don't know how far he took that, i've never looked at the frames record.
the original song was pretty deadly, i suppose making a crap song out of it is the hazard of song stealing.

Pantone247 said:
on the day it was released Glen said something like

"here's me new song, same as the last one, and it's NOT about Paddy Casey"

or something... biggest non event ever basically
i think it was rice in anyways. paddy c's too small to write songs about. it would be like, come on the guys a..where did he go?

cassette/tape said:

it's not a rumour.

SadieOutlaw said:
they were in the process of suing when they were offered a large sum as a pay off instead. the singer was about to move to the states and figured he could do with the money for the move and didn't want to have to stick around for the sueing process. he fought to at least get song writing credits on the album but i don't know how far he took that, i've never looked at the frames record.
the original song was pretty deadly, i suppose making a crap song out of it is the hazard of song stealing.

didnt you go out with that bassist fella? good looking and ginormous he was.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
what about hte rumour that glen hanard is a serial rapist?
oh yeah i just made that up

andrew
i like it. i also heard mundy caused the tsunami and there's no good bands in ireland any more.

I well remember damien rice wearing wack-strides and singing enigma cover versions in the celbridge house of a sunday afternoon.

aaayyeee aayyee aaayyeee oooohh aaaayyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back