Ladyfest Tickets Now on Sale! (1 Viewer)

ladyfest

Hey all - thanks to everyone who came to the ticket launch last Thursday. The tickets are now in the shops - you can get them from Road Records and Red Ink / Murder City Records. Weekend tickets cost €30 for 3 days of bands, talks, workshops, art & film, and we're also doing a limited number of under 18's tickets for €15 euro. These will entitle the bearer to come along on Friday and Saturday until 6pm and there will be an all ages gig on the Sunday as well.

Thanks again for all the support we've received so far and we hope to see you at Ladyfest!

Update!

Lineup
New acts have been added to the lineup as well as info on workshops and art & film. Visit www.ladyfestdublin.org for more.

Tickets
As mentioned above we're selling tickets for the whole weekend for €30 euro but you will be able to pay in by the day as well. The costs are as follows:

Friday: €15
Saturday: €15
Sunday: €10

So if you intend to come for the weekend it's obviously cheaper to buy a weekend ticket! We are also doing weekend tickets via mail order - they'll cost the price of the ticket plus a flat €4.50 fee to send them via registered post. We'll only be accepting bank drafts or postal orders, and if you're interested, please e-mail [email protected] for more info.

Thanks!

I'm guessing, and call me nuts, they're a group raising the awareness of female genital mutilation who talk about female genital mutilation.

Seriously but. Aparently there have been (predominantly) African ladies inquiring about Female Genital Mutilation / circumcision to the Health Boards. It's not illegal here in Ireland to the best of my knowledge, but it is in Britain, where I guess they have more experience of immigrant groups and traditions. It's a fucking barbaric practice, regardless of cultural specifics.

Update 2!
Tickets are now on sale in City Discs as well as Road and Red Ink and via mail order for those living outside of Dublin.

We'll be announcing the day-by-day schedule early next week as well, along with the Art & Film program for the weekend.

Thanks!

i saw a documentary on that (or what i think this is referring to) that was made in india where girls get 'circumcised'... it looked horrifically brutal. is that what this is about? like is it a support group for people who have gone through this or something? i'm stupid, sorry.

Apparently female circumcision is quite common among rural white Australian people.

And it's on the increase.

hag said:
i saw a documentary on that (or what i think this is referring to) that was made in india where girls get 'circumcised'... it looked horrifically brutal. is that what this is about? like is it a support group for people who have gone through this or something? i'm stupid, sorry.
It's an awareness group. I thought the name was the the most self explanatory name for anything ever. Like, seriously!

uh... sorry, but awareness of what? the fact that it goes on? sorry. i still don't really understand... again, sorry for my stupidity. oh sorry, it's an awareness group for people who are interested in getting it done in connection with cultural beliefs... sorry, i get it now. that fact that someone would want to do it just didn't add up in my brain. apologies.

i think anyone having their 'parts' unwillingly messed with is pretty sick.
they've made it illegal in africa but it still happens and mostly to young girls, 11/12 years old. thanks for the nice subject hag.

SadieOutlaw said:
i think anyone having their 'parts' unwillingly messed with is pretty sick.
they've made it illegal in africa but it still happens and mostly to young girls, 11/12 years old. thanks for the nice subject hag.
guh? i was just curious...

hag said:
uh... sorry, but awareness of what? the fact that it goes on? sorry. i still don't really understand... again, sorry for my stupidity. oh sorry, it's an awareness group for people who are interested in getting it done in connection with cultural beliefs... sorry, i get it now. that fact that someone would want to do it just didn't add up in my brain. apologies.
It's a group that raises awareness of women who have had their genitals mutilated, as part of cultural rituals/domestic abuse, not out of choice. The awareness group aren't advocates of genital mutilation that hand out piercing guns and Savlon, like.

Zita said:
It's a group that raises awareness of women who have had their genitals mutilated, as part of cultural rituals/domestic abuse, not out of choice. The awareness group aren't advocates of genital mutilation that hand out piercing guns and Savlon, like.
yeah, well that wasn't so obvious... but now i know so it's all cool. i thought this was supposed to be about spreading awareness about women's issues etc. and not making people feel stupid because they're ignorant? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back