Ladyfest Table Quiz: Air Guitar for Your Brain. (2 Viewers)

Fair enough, all I'm saying is personaly I wouldn't go round giving my two cents if I wasn't actually there, people obviously had different experiences on the night so whats the point of giving an opinion that is more or less based on what your mates have told you?

Latex lizzie said:
Seems a bit rich giving an opinion on something I wasn't at? I can read you know.I have talked to people who were there.. People give their opinons on things all the time that they have never directly been involved in? 90% of the chatter that goes on here is such.
Anyways I wasnt having a pop at anyone in particular..as I said I wasnt there but it "seemed" like a good laugh.

what's the point in saying anything ever? like anyone's actually going to give a crap either way... that's what i've found anyway.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that I didn't go in there expecting to win or to know all of the answers to the questions. Maybe that's why I didn't feel alienated or pissed off at the end.
Y'see that's the difference between men and women. Men go to table quizzes to win and look brainy. Well, a lot of men do. And when they don't look brainy, they get angry. Or bored.

Sure the questions were tough, but money was raised and that is all that is important.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Wow, just saw this thread now. This is fucked. It was a table quiz. I can't believe people would take their experience at this and equate it with what the actual ladyfest event is going to be like. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I too found the questions really hard but I figured that's what quizzes are like and you just do your best and answer the questions you know. But Jesus, what's the idea of whining, 'wah, the questions are too hard, I had a shit time'? Is that how you rate your fun at a quiz - by how many answers you get right? I answered what I could and had a good laugh, despite the fact that I don't think I could answer a single question on the Art round (and the smell, the rank smell).

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that I didn't go in there expecting to win or to know all of the answers to the questions. Maybe that's why I didn't feel alienated or pissed off at the end.
Maybe it's got something to do with you being on the winning team! !ninjaaaa

bellygannon said:
Y'see that's the difference between men and women. Men go to table quizzes to win and look brainy. Well, a lot of men do. And when they don't look brainy, they get angry. Or bored.
silly emotional woman answer

i went to a table quiz in some sports club a few years ago. one of the (many) sports questions was about some jockey that won some races or something

anyways the correct answer was "pat taafe" but some team put down some other first name (the guys brother; also a jockey, apparently) and they were still given a point for it. regulars at the club / friends of the organisers.

So later on we get to the picture round. One of the people pictured is this guy:

weber_moose2.jpg

http://www.lambiek.net/artists/weber_bob_sr/weber_moose2.jpghttp://www.toonopedia.com/moosemol.jpg

So i says "Aha - that's that cartoon character from the herald - Moose". Which it was.

But it wasn't accepted as correct.

"Moose Miller" is the correct answer, they says. We're not accepting "Moose" because it's not his full name.

So we get a little pissed off and, because at the time the comic strip was running under the title of "Moose" in the evening herald, we query it again.

No, they says, not accepting it.

Right, we says. What about the fucking jockey question earlier, we say? Hardly fair and consistent application of the rules?

Nope. Not a chance.

This went on for some time, to no avail. So to cut a long story short, later on yours truly wins a spot prize, so I go up to collect my bottle of whiskey, stop in front of the question-asking dude, tell him to go fuck himself, and am subsequently described as "Ray Fitzpatrick's obnoxious friend" in the next edition of the sports club newsletter.

AAAAAaaaannyway - on to my point.

At that same quiz the whole thing was totally cliquey and biased towards club members, with questions that no non-member could ever hope to answer - one of the questions was "how many speed bumps are there on the road up to the clubhouse", for example. It was really, really annoying to feel excluded when we had turned up to help them raise money.

So what's my point? I'm not really sure, but this happened over 10 years ago and it STILL pisses me off.

We came third, incidentally.

in primary school we had a table quiz .one of the questions was finish the pairs type thing tom and ? simon and? to which my team answered simon and simon a programe popular with the kids at the time.the teacher says its wrong its simon and grafunkal .were like who the fuck are they its simon and simon so he won't give us the point.we come second in the quiz losing by a point so instead of winning nice leather footballs we got shit red and white scarfs....fuck that teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back