Ladyfest Table Quiz: Air Guitar for Your Brain. (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Yes! All the posturing and swagger of a big, hairy rock show, but from the comfort of a faux-rubber barstool, and swathed in the heady aromas of the basement of a city-centre pub!

Yes! All the oh-my-god-I-forgot-to-study-and-I'm-in-me-cax anxiety of your school days, but with more booze! And how!

Yes! All the great rewards for generosity promised by Jesus, in this earthly realm! Heaven is for losers! Table quizzes are for winners!

Yes! It's the first of the Ladyfest FUNdraisers: a table quiz, to be held Wednesday 7th of July, in the basement of Doyle's pub, Fleet St.

It's in the basement, in a part of the bar you probably haven't noticed, known as the 'D-Street bar' (or something like that). Someone else has a table quiz going on in the upstairs bit, so remember that, if you confuse the two, you may end up in the wrong one, where you'll have to answer loads of stupid questions about Christy Ring and Jack Lynch.

So, like I tell all my patients: go 'round the back and down.

Oh, yeah, and it's going to start at 8pm.

"The Ladyfest Table Quiz? Yeah, been to one of them. It had a lot of what was great about my school days, but the bullying was...I dunno...more consistent." -- Kevin Myers

jane said:
It's the first of the Ladyfest FUNdraisers: a table quiz, to be held Wednesday 7th of June, in the basement of Doyle's pub, Fleet St.

hey look!

I want to go to the table quiz about Christy Ring and Jack Lynch.

Was that on June 7th too? :confused:

Buckrake said:
I want to go to the table quiz about Christy Ring and Jack Lynch.

Was that on June 7th too? :confused:
Shite. I meant 7th of July. Pete, any way to edit that first post in this thread?

Table Quiz is 7th of July. This year. The night after Mission of Burma. The night before....something else.

CRAP!

Grrr...

Anyway, I don't know what the other table quiz is about, but I can assure you, it will be inferior to ours.

Buckrake said:
That's what you get for slagging the hurlin' :p
Now, now, if you re-read my post, you will see that no slag of any sort occurred. I was merely stating that the questions about Christy Ring and Jack Lynch would be stupid; I said nothing to imply that they or their sport were, in any way, mentally deficient.

Ahem.

[Sits up, smiles fakely. Adjusts self.]

Edited to add: Hurling slags, me bollix.

kirstie said:
I can personally guarantee there will be no GAA questions.
What? It's not a table quiz without GAA questions!

This is a disgrace. I'm ashamed to be a wimowyn.

Jimmy Magee said:
How much per table? Money on the door? Recommended/enforced maximum team size?
Free on the door, since we're not having extra entertainment, but if you want to show up and hang out and give us money, we'll happily tell you a few jokes.

It's 25 European Unions per table, with a recommended table size of 4 or 5.

Six rounds, ten questions each, no GAA round: nary a sniff about Christy's ring.

I like Doyles. This one time we asked the DJ for the Police and he played them. another time we asked for the Bangles and he played them as well. Nice place.

I helped organise a table quiz a few years back. I ended up having to come up with the bulk of the questions, and with time constraints and limited brain power a factor I decided to bulk out what I had come up with with questions from Game of Knowledge. Big mistake. Boy were things different back in 1982.

alright yiz pricks
don't be spending all yer cashes over the weekend and forgetting about this now, do you hear?

Will there be an 'identify this picture of a person with what band they are in' round?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back