Ladyfest Dublin Scavenger Hunt! 2nd August 2004 (2 Viewers)

Liadain said:
so are we ever going to be told what sort of things are on the menu for this or is it a surprise? are they going to be funny things or things that we'll just look at each other and go "eh..." for? it looks like i'm going to be doing this with people that I only know on thumped and not in real life. is that lame? hee hee.
You'll get a list of things to find just before the 'start gun' is fired; they are confidential information until then.

Some of the things will be specific, some will be more general. You'll even get a map of the area within which to search. When you see the instructions, you'll realise that many questions will have already been answered.

Creativity will work in one's favour.

Don't forget to come up with a name for your team!

[edited to account for prepositional malfunction]

course you will be told - on the day!

each team will be given a list of tasks which are carry less or more points according to difficulty (lots of them are just silly and fun though) and lots of them are multi-part - giving you the chance to score more points if you're intrepid enough. We'll even give you a map and all, and if you get stuck you can text us for clues - we'll be docking points for that though!

I'll just bump this back up again, with this little teaser: we have some really good prizes for this....oh yes...

THRILLHO said:
Ready to go...

aliens.jpg

l-r: Me, Cliph, Spunkmeyer, uh... Vasquez...

Shit.

My Commando team would maul your Commando team. Although I would like to have Bill Paxton in my team. Also note that Bill Duke and Jesse Ventura are in my team, just not in the picture.

Plans-34052.jpg

wrafter said:
So? How was it? What were ye sent looking for?
It was killer.
We had to get photos of the team...
- making a human pyramid in the grounds of Dublin Castle
- with a beangarda
- dancing with a lady in red
- with a statue of Countess Markievicz
- with a statue of Oscar Wilde
- on James Joyce Bridge
- in front of a gumball machine
- in front of a DIY shop (bonus points if you spelled out DIY with your bodies)
- in front of a shop with the same number as your team number
- in front of a shop run by a woman

My favourite part of the whole thing was the fact that you actually had people running around Dublin City with smiles on their faces. And confusing the hell out of beangardai everywhere.

Hooray for Ladyfest.

THRILLHO said:
My favourite part of the whole thing was the fact that you actually had people running around Dublin City with smiles on their faces. And confusing the hell out of beangardai everywhere.

Hooray for Ladyfest.

I'm dying to see that photo of the museum garda in full living colour. Will you post it somewhere when you get a chance?

THRILLHO said:
It was killer.
We had to get photos of the team...
- making a human pyramid in the grounds of Dublin Castle
- with a beangarda
- dancing with a lady in red
- with a statue of Countess Markievicz
- with a statue of Oscar Wilde
- on James Joyce Bridge
- in front of a gumball machine
- in front of a DIY shop (bonus points if you spelled out DIY with your bodies)
- in front of a shop with the same number as your team number
- in front of a shop run by a woman

Hooray for Ladyfest.
If anyone who participated would be willing to send us some of their photos for use on the ladyfest website we'd love to have them. [email protected]

ladyfest said:
If anyone who participated would be willing to send us some of their photos for use on the ladyfest website we'd love to have them. [email protected]
sure, i'll pass on the address to our camera custodian.

that was immense amounts of fun, btw. nothing like spending your bank holiday persuading random austrians to participate in a (mathematician-designed!) human pyramid. i don't think i've confused the hell out of so many people in a single afternoon before.

minka said:
sure, i'll pass on the address to our camera custodian.

that was immense amounts of fun, btw. nothing like spending your bank holiday persuading random austrians to participate in a (mathematician-designed!) human pyramid. i don't think i've confused the hell out of so many people in a single afternoon before.
i dunno, i think my favourite pyramid was the one that was topped by a one-year-old infant. (no infants were harmed in the making of this scavenger hunt). :)

helena kim said:
i dunno, i think my favourite pyramid was the one that was topped by a one-year-old infant. (no infants were harmed in the making of this scavenger hunt). :)

hehe
i think i can truthfully say that that was the first time i've ever made a human pyramid with baby on it - in dublin castle
much fun was had - three cheers for ladyfest people!

shite really sorry I missed this had to get some stuff moved out of the warehouse
yesterday.
Are you going to do another one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back