Ladies: latest amazing makeup discoveries (1 Viewer)

nah it's alright, but it has no SPF which is a bit of a glaring omission in my buke.
roxy said:
I like neutrogena day protection whatever its called. The one with the spf15 in it.

OR - and i know this will start an argument - the yellow slop from clinique. Dramatically different moisturising lotion. I think I hear they use eggs in it. Or at the very least, extract of egg. Anyway I like it.

kirstie said:
what about aveda products?? huuuuuuuuuge aveda range in house o fraser in dundrum, they seem to have everything.
O yeah, I forgot about them, and do you know why? cos theyre shite. I went through a big phase in California , went and spent nearly a week's wages on icelandic moss shampoos and treatments, what did I end up with only a load of frizz and no shiine, a well, i mean my hair is like that anyway but after this it was particularly bad. But i never used their face products so they might be good, cos I was on a Sundari buzz that time, Sundari is Christy Turlingtons Ayurvedic beauty line, You either have Kapha, Pitta, or I cant remeber the third one. www.sundari.com They believe we should treat skincare holistically and that we can have a mixture of different skin types, like you can be a spotty fucker but have skin as dry as ...
Anyhow, Sundari really is, and my friend agrees, the perfect product. Do I sound like a hippie's knob now? No need to answer that!

I don't think it's possible unless you do loads of touchups.

cheryl said:
how do u keep foundation on your face ALL day long? by the time the end of the day comes all my make up is off my face

kirstie said:
well last Friday nite, went on a bender, got home fell asleep, forgot to set alarm clock, woke up late, ran out the door to work, makeup still perfect, not jokin! eyeliner intact and all. what a dirt bird, but i had to run or i would surly been fired! bit a chewing gum and I was grand.

kirstie said:

what i thought. damn.
i bought this clickable correction stick or whatever from M & S. stupid thing worked once or twice and now i can't get anything out of it. if i wasn't so lazy, i'd bring it back.

I'm an awful slag for doing this, I did it three times this weekend. Me pillowcases is ruine-t.

rowdy row tinka said:
well last Friday nite, went on a bender, got home fell asleep, forgot to set alarm clock, woke up late, ran out the door to work, makeup still perfect, not jokin! eyeliner intact and all. what a dirt bird, but i had to run or i would surly been fired! bit a chewing gum and I was grand.

yeah I dunno, I also read somewhere that it protects your skin. Who can say? I'd rather not do it but when 4 million drinks have been had, I don't give much of a fuck.

roxy said:
According to that Channel 4 "10 Years Younger" bint, your skin ages 8 days for every night you sleep without washing make up off.

It's got to be true, right?

ah no, makeup is what it is, it's purely to improve what's there, not change it. And it's not generally sold with an understanding that it's going to do something magical which will change your face.

Save your scorn for for anti-cellulite and anti-aging creams - now they really are things that are sold based on womens insecurities, and they are a total cod.

kirstie said:
ah no, makeup is what it is, it's purely to improve what's there, not change it. And it's not generally sold with an understanding that it's going to do something magical which will change your face.

Save your scorn for for anti-cellulite and anti-aging creams - now they really are things that are sold based on womens insecurities, and they are a total cod.
I totally agree with luv, cheek a them tellin us we have an arse like an orange if ya don't buy their cream.

cheryl said:
why's that?
it's all about making a living off womens insecurities. Cellulite and Anti-aging creams are up there along with foundation, fake tan, ladyshaves, spot creams, "freshness wipes" and body sprays and douche bags.
Make up is something I bought into when I was younger and without it I didn't particulary like myself. I did away with it when I realised it was the problem and I feel much better.
If it works for you that's cool, but I enjoy my hour long lie in in the mornings that I used to spend hopelessly beautifying myself and I enjoy the extra money in my pockets...

Most amazing discovery recently is Liz Earle Cleanser. Truly incredible stuff, same idea as Eve Lom ( its a white cream that you massage in and then remove with hot water and muslin cloth ),
only way cheaper and made of all natural ingredients. And it comes with the cloths, you have to buy the Eve Lom ones seperately for about 20 euro :mad:
You only need a teeny bit so the tube lasts forever.

You have to order it online from www.lizearle.com , but they are very generous with samples when you order stuff. They have a nice toner too.

I'm searching for a new foundation, any recommendations ?
I have been using Prescriptives Custom Blend but its super dear ( 70 euro )
and doesnt last well. I've narrowed it down to Chanel, Laura Mercier, Mac Studio Fix Fluid or Bobbi Brown, but now I cant decide :confused: Too much choice...

Oh another nice is Chanel Extracils Mascara, its the best one I've tried. Although every mascara I've used goes all icky and fibrey and flakey after about 2 months...

There's a website called www.makeupalley.com that has really detailed, almost obsessive reviews of every product that exists. Fun reading.

is it sort of like a mini facial thing? Sounds lovely - apparently washing your face with a cheap face cloth is good for it too cos they're a bit rougher - exfoliates it or something and the heat cleans your pores. I use vichy cleansing products mostly - their normaderm range is ace, I just slap it on in the shower in the morning and wash it off. I object to the fact I still get zits at 32 and that keeps them to an absolute minimum. It can't fight period related zits but then I doubt anything can.

I'm looking for a good night cream at the moment, I've pretty much taken good care of my skin since I was 14 but I reckon I should probably be feeding it something more intensive at night time, I don't want to turn into a wrinkled hag before my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back