Ladies: latest amazing makeup discoveries (3 Viewers)

Yes its a bit facial ish I guess but only takes a few minutes and its a nice relaxing ritual before going to bed. Its great for taking off eye makeup too, no panda eyes. I only do it at night, I just use a gel cleanser in the morning.

Ole Henriksen creams are delicious but expensive. Has anyone noticed how much Blue Eriu marks things up ? There's a lovely Kiehls eye gel I got in New York for 16 dollars, and its 42 euro in Blue Scam Eriu.

Sisley creams are meant to be amazing, but also mega dear...

I just don't go in there, ever. It's too expensive and you end up spending 50 quid on a tiny, tiny eyeshadow or something. The shu umura stuff is gorgeous though, and do they still do chantecaille? Their foundation is meant to be amazing, but really dear - I have a lipgloss that was 36 quid.....

There is this sparkly pink Nars blusher in BT's at the moment THAT WILL BE MINE.

Oh yes.

coraline said:
Yes its a bit facial ish I guess but only takes a few minutes and its a nice relaxing ritual before going to bed. Its great for taking off eye makeup too, no panda eyes. I only do it at night, I just use a gel cleanser in the morning.

Ole Henriksen creams are delicious but expensive. Has anyone noticed how much Blue Eriu marks things up ? There's a lovely Kiehls eye gel I got in New York for 16 dollars, and its 42 euro in Blue Scam Eriu.

Sisley creams are meant to be amazing, but also mega dear...

Bellatrix said:
I can't believe how much some of you folks are willing to spend on make-up. I shed an inward tear every time I'm forced to part with six euro for Rimmel eyeshadow.

different strokes :)

my only splurges are the benetint, touche eclat and lip venom. everything else is rimmel or something. except this lovely mac eyeshadow i got last week.
anyways, the beauty editor in work has a 'goodie drawer' that's FULL of stuff i would NEVER shell out for in real life. but because she's sent all this stuff to write about, she just lets us loose. the bathroom at home is full of girlie things for this very reason, all my housemate has is his gel, toothbrush, floss, etc.

hehehehee

but for skincare, the only things i like come from Lush. that stuff is soooo yummy and nice, particularly angels on bare skin.

trianglegrrrl said:
it's all about making a living off womens insecurities. Cellulite and Anti-aging creams are up there along with foundation, fake tan, ladyshaves, spot creams, "freshness wipes" and body sprays and douche bags.
Make up is something I bought into when I was younger and without it I didn't particulary like myself. I did away with it when I realised it was the problem and I feel much better.
If it works for you that's cool, but I enjoy my hour long lie in in the mornings that I used to spend hopelessly beautifying myself and I enjoy the extra money in my pockets...

now that you do like yourself though, do you think make-up is still the problem?

when was this?

I might remember if you give me dates. But it probably was. I have a little drawer filled with mac eyeshadows. Yum.

cheryl said:
kirstie - u had really nice eyeshadow on recently. it was like a nude/salmon colour. was that mac?

I don't know why, but I don't really like stila all that much, scabby portions and those lip glazes run out after approx 4 uses.

Pout = YUM. I used to get Stan Bowles to go into the one in Covent Garden and stock up for me when he lived in London and there wasn't one here, and to his eternal credit he used to do so gladly.

La La said:
it's hard to resist isnt it!
i have to say sometimes i like the packaging more than the product. like stila stuff for example; great packaging, etc.

ah when I was 23 I wasn't spending a lot of monies on fancy makeup either, I think it's something that comes with more earning power and also gettting increasingly pissed off with horrible work and the need to treat yourself.

Bellatrix said:
I can't believe how much some of you folks are willing to spend on make-up. I shed an inward tear every time I'm forced to part with six euro for Rimmel eyeshadow.

kirstie said:
I don't know why, but I don't really like stila all that much, scabby portions and those lip glazes run out after approx 4 uses.

i love stila eyeshadows, i have this gorgeous one called 'puppy' (ironically enough) and it's lovely.
but i had a lip glaze once and it ran out after 2 seconds. reeeee-diculous.

it's fabulous. Ruby & Millie i-writer is the wan for me.

Wormo said:
Oh I recently discovered the magic of liquid eyeliner. Amazing stuff.

However, you can't afford to go to bed with it on no matter how boozed up you are. The pillows were ruined.

Bellatrix said:

I hear that! I shed quite a lot of outward tears when I parted with €26 for Touche Eclat. However I am quite pleased with the results and I intend to make it last for at least 5 years (as is the case with quite a lot of my make-up). ;)

I have made a good discovery in the world of foundation - I usually hate the stuff but No 7 Intelligent Colour is very nice. People tell me I look well when I have it on (as opposed to daily 'you look pasty' comments).:rolleyes:

Max Factor 2000 Calorie is my fave mascara but I'm using a Rimmel one at the mo, can't remember the name but it's good. Not one of those fancy wand yokes either.

Wormo said:
Oh I recently discovered the magic of liquid eyeliner. Amazing stuff.

However, you can't afford to go to bed with it on no matter how boozed up you are. The pillows were ruined.

I don't think I've left the house sans liquid eyeliner more than five times in as many years.

Loreal Superliners are my favourites. They disappeared from the shops for a few months last year and I was forced to use some sort of Rimmel/No 17 stuff. This had the unnerving habit of straying onto my eyeball where it would clump in black goopy clouds, making me look evil and icky in equal measures.

i have never got the hang of liquid eyeliner, i think it's a combination of short-sightedness and having very deep-set eyes. though i do a nifty eyelining job with mac greensmoke shadow and a very skinny brush.

erm, let's see, what are my makeup essentials - prescriptives traceless foundation (good and doesn't seem to annoy my skin), clinique naturally glossy mascara, nars orgasm blush (expensive, but lasts forever and ever), various mac and stila eye shadows. i used to also be a big fan of benefit's naughty feather cream eyeshadow, except they both changed the formulation and put it in a much smaller container for the same amount of money. boo.

we will not mention my unfortunate lipstick "habit". the fact that there are at least six in my bag at the moment is, er, just a fluke. honest.

i'm a bit all over the place in my skincare at the mo - i'm using a dermalogica cleanser that i really like, but ran out of the matching moisturizer and didn't replace it because i wanted something with an spf. then everything i got with an spf gave me spots. bah. oh, and i use origins modern friction face scrub every so often, which is unbelievably good.

kirstie said:

yeah, the lip glazes aren't much cop in terms of value (though i see they now come in bigger tubes). their eye shadows are pretty good, though, and seem to last fairly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back