Kinski(Sub Pop) play Ping Pong Feb 2008 (1 Viewer)

tombstome

Ping Pong presents KINSKI (Sub Pop) Sat Feb 23rd
Liquid Lounge
Marlboro street
Sat Feb 23rd
doors-10.30pm
ADM- e10

www.myspace.com/kinskispace
www.myspace.com/pingpongcork

Kinski is a four-piece rock band from Seattle , WA .
Their unique evocation of avant-rock is deconstructionist and heady, but also emotive and visceral.

Comprised of guitarists Chris Martin and Matthew Reid-Schwartz (Matthew also plays keyboards and flute), bassist Lucy Atkinson, and drummer Barrett Wilke, Kinski have toured with Mission of Burma, Comets on Fire, Oneida , Mono, Acid Mothers Temple , Black Mountain , and most recently opened a month of dates for Tool on their spring '07 tour.

Produced and recorded by Randall Dunn (Earth, Sunn O))), Boris) at his Aleph Studio in Seattle , Down Below It's Chaos is Kinski's 3rd full-length for Sub Pop.

REVIEWS

"Down Below It's Chaos is the most beautiful slab of fuzzy post-grunge nihilism I've heard in years, and I don't want to listen to anything else ever again."
-subba-cultcha

"They reconcile the tension between sonic experimentation/improvisation and song structure with grace and cunning."
-The Stranger

"...they follow measured guitar burn with bone-rattling explosions, and roll mesmerizing tension into colossal release."
-Blender Magazine (review of Airs Above Your Station)

"Kinski is fucking massive."
-fakejazz.com

"Kinski is one of the finest rock bands Seattle has produced."
-The Seattle Times
progress.gif

All happening this week folks:

Wed 20th: Whelans (upstairs), Dublin. Doors 10:30pm
Fri 22nd: Roisin Dubh, Galway.
Sat 23rd: Ping Pong Cork.

Mound supporting on all three ...

Thanks to Twomey and Heff, i'll be pressing the play button afterwards too with some disco-funk hits for the masses. Recognise.

hope you press the play button faster than you do up a cdr! :)

other gig starring another sub pop band on in another venue before hand

yeah, Band Of Horses are playing in Tripod the same night. This way people can go to both if they want ...

Kinski rocked the house at this one. Upstairs in whelan's is possibly the most horribly laid out venue i've ever seen tho, i can't believe they couldn't have set it up a bit better.
#

yeah didnt like the venue much. a bit too narrow at the stage and too many doors and walls...L-shaped with a toe. the sound was top drawer though.

Kinski were superb in some parts and a bit boring in others...but i was staring to tire and was recalling how great Band of Horses were earlier in the night.

Large Mound were on fire. sounded brilliant yet again.

#

yeah didnt like the venue much. a bit too narrow at the stage and too many doors and walls...L-shaped with a toe. the sound was top drawer though.

it seems the whole section that kinda ruins the view to the stage is going. there's a listed stairway in there but it's now unsafe so they have permission to get rid of it. when that happens the room will open up.

good sound i thought though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back