kilkenny (1 Viewer)

dudley said:
anyone know any good promoters there?
there aren't any, they're all obsessed with hurling... the sport not the after hours activity. I've tried booking gigs in cleere's but the guy there is a wanker unless you work for MCD, then he'll take your gig.
there's a small place called anaconda, which is basically a small bar with no stage, i hear its ok. i know a promoter in wexford who might be willing to put you on down that way, does gigs all round wexford, maybe kilkenny also.

dudley said:
we played cleeres before, actually, deadly venue.
wexford eh?
cleere's is a good venue, i just dont like hauling pa's down the country and playing to fuck all people. try cleere's again, or anaconda, or coda... there's a new place opened as well i'll have the details soon.

also try shefflins in waterford, it burned down and is opening in time for college freshers week.

now give me the number for the loft in cavan!!!!

theres a few other places which i cant remember - ok maybe one other place. If I can get a date you;d be free mr dudley, I'd still like to organise a gig in carlow .....

Chocohead said:
theres a few other places which i cant remember - ok maybe one other place. If I can get a date you;d be free mr dudley, I'd still like to organise a gig in carlow .....
i've been trying to get a gig in carlow, but the only places i know are scraggs alley and dinn ri and i cant get them to contact me back... fucking assholes. what type music do you put on?

ostrichsyndrome said:
i've been trying to get a gig in carlow, but the only places i know are scraggs alley and dinn ri and i cant get them to contact me back... fucking assholes. what type music do you put on?

i dont put on gigs - i play with a band. funny though, cus we rarely play carlow mainly because dinn ri and scraggs are arseholes. I'm going to drop into Buzzs tomorrow and check a few things out though - they would be scraggs biggest competitors. theres also the other place that used to be Archies (oh they were the days) and I cant remember whats it is now, but its another dinn ri. there's also cosmo browns too - so I might check that out.

I will go on a carlow fact finding mission and report back

Zoo club in kilkenny is now called Coda Bar and there is a guy there that runs all ages gigs every 2nd sunday afternoon, his name is Andrew and he is from Hype Promotions, I've run gigs all over the shop in Carlow probably my favourite place to play cause everyone is mental, we started off doing gigs in Devereux's level one, then we went to Scraggs Alley, then we went to Che Guerva's then we went to Buzz's Bar and now we are going somewhere else.
There's always something going on that prevents us in Carlow but the audience is really good, so if at all possible I'd recommend it, Scraggs was my favourite venue but the managers a bit moany, Buzz's is a close 2nd and they are very friendly but got a little bit hostile when an under age girl got pissed at one of our gigs so we were shown the door unfortunatley, If they give you the gig, I'd go with it, you should be alright if its a night time gig for 18+.

Hope it goes well for you.

Niall

theres a guy called andy whos been doin diy gigs from the mid ninties .used to be thrash the gaff promotions but now has a different name. oh and cleeres have done punk /diy shows a plenty.....not just mcd gigs you need to catch him in a good mood .but andys the man for a gig in kk.

his number is 0863152297.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back