Kilfuckingcoole gig on next Saturday (2 Viewers)

PS: if you're ever in a US national park, don't play with the cute little ground squirrels, they'll give you bubonic plague. i learned that in geography

sci-bong2.jpg

Liadain said:
Nah, linguistics is the best, you get to pretend you understand chomsky, and... and.... stuff.
i study a small amount of linguistics. it's all about the indexing of the sign and your Peirce'onality, ahahahahahahah......:confused:

I is John said:
i study a small amount of linguistics. it's all about the indexing of the sign and your Peirce'onality, ahahahahahahah......:confused:
I've also studied a small amount of linguistics. I found it frustrating and boring. Universal Grammar.. de Saussure an' all that. It's like the mathematics of language. Fuck that. The mathematics of geography is where it's at!

1 cirque + 2 cirques = pyramidal peak.

It's good if you do it as a proper subject though not just part of another one... Doing at as part of another one you just get the boring bits, and usually the philosphical side of it which most linguists don't take seriously at all. Doing it on its own you get all deadly stuff like sociolinguistics and neurolinguistics and child language acquisition and what not. And kids who've been kept in boxes all their lives and are completely fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back