Kids at festivals (2 Viewers)

kids at festivals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know it's not exactly the same thing but when I was a nipper my parents used to take us along to parties, sessions and whatever and when we got tired we'd just be let sleep on a cushon in the corner or something.
They wouldn't have had anyone to look after us really and there was no paying for a babysitter in them days.
Seems like it must be much harder for parents now, it's not really so acceptable to bring a babby along to whatever is going on.
Should be more baby-friendly really considering lotsa people have them.
Maybe too much goes on in pubs these days and you can't bring them there.

I know it's not exactly the same thing but when I was a nipper my parents used to take us along to parties, sessions and whatever and when we got tired we'd just be let sleep on a cushon in the corner or something.
They wouldn't have had anyone to look after us really and there was no paying for a babysitter in them days.
Seems like it must be much harder for parents now, it's not really so acceptable to bring a babby along to whatever is going on.
Should be more baby-friendly really considering lotsa people have them.

did your parents listen to doomcore at 4 in the morn?

It's illegal to have your kids in a pub after 9pm or something these days
Fucking daft really. If the kid is happy to be there I don't see what the problem is, specially since pubs are now non-smoking ... obviously it's probably not that good for children to be being looked after by drunken parents in a pub, but I dunno if it's worse than kids being looked after by drunken parents at home

Fucking daft really. If the kid is happy to be there I don't see what the problem is, specially since pubs are now non-smoking ... obviously it's probably not that good for children to be being looked after by drunken parents in a pub, but I dunno if it's worse than kids being looked after by drunken parents at home

Well, I think that the fear is that it might be a case of children not being looked after by drunken parents and running wild in the pub.

And at least home isn't full of strangers.

We've all seen enough of that at weddings and at least there the family/stranger ratio is likely to be higher.

Aye, my little bro and some of the cousins wanted to come up and see a couple of our cousins play a gig up here not long ago, but they couldn't.
I mean, ya might get away with it in a rural town, but in Dublin it's a bit harder to sneak the kids in.

This government is killing independant music!!!

I dont like the idea of kids/toddlers being banned outright from festivals. It's entirely at the parents' risk I say.

At a certain festival earlier a while ago one of my colleagues, who wasn't working on the Sunday, came down again with his wife and 3 year old. She's nearly 4 and its her 2nd year at it.

She buzzed around happily by all accounts (I didn't see her meself). He said she was on his shoulders most of the the time while they were watching bands and was clapping her hands over her head getting well into it. They probably left relatively early, and so it's not the same as kids who are brought for a whole weekend. But my point is, she had fun and didn't cause any hassle, and it saved them getting a babysitter. So why should should she be banned?

Using leechrum(Sai festival) for an example. They went around stealing bottles of water beer and a few other things then asked everyone in sight if they wanted to buy them.
you think that was bad? appart from the odd trying to trip people up when we were on the far field some 12 year olds came up to us completely pilled out of it. I really felt so disheartened. Well at least no one shouted hippy at me...

Was at leeds festival over the weekend - looked over during Sick Of It All in one of the tents saturday night and some dude had his kid (about 2 and a half i'd say) on his shoulders with no earphones on. It was fuckin deafening in there. Bad form. Though it was cute to see the straight edge "X"s on the little fella's hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back