Kevin Shields (1 Viewer)

Keeror

Since 2000
Anyone know how to get in contact with Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine?
Will he do gigs on his own?
I've got the perfect one lined up for him......but it's a secret.
Will he be playing with Primal Scream again when they play Dublin soon?
He didn't show up for J.Mascis and the Fog, despite rumours.....

Kevin are you out there???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

hang on a sec.

you're mad, aren't you.

famous recluse, hermetic secretive perfectionist, etc.

first of all, why would anyone around here know how to contact him?

http://www.expectdelay.com/mbv/index.html

start here.

I agree trying to contact Kevin Shields is a bit mad alright.
He is famously secretive, though he does have a knack for turning up oin the most oddest places, and unlikely records (every one download Kevin Shields and DJ spooky off napster....its bizzare), so you never know.
Last tour the scream did he was a fuly paid up member, but as is Kev's style don'tcount on him turning up at the point.

I think famous recluses aren't as reclusive as they and their hangers on would like the world to believe.

Lots of people have standard excuses for getting rid of people they don't like. Say anything enough times and it becomes the truth. "He never takes off his shades", "I'm moving to Barcelona", "I am a famous recluse".
3 standards from 3 'legendary' guitarists.

Going on tour with Primal Scream isn't reclusive. It's exactly the opposite. Neither is having a full page mug shot in the Wire a few months back, along with a lengthy chat about your record collection with a journalist.

Has anyone ever asked him to play a gig here?
Tenner bet he says yes.

I think famous recluses aren't as reclusive as they and their hangers
on would like the world to believe.

You may have a point there. Many many years ago, I once got a particular author to give a reading in college as part of a series of lectures - I was told by many people that he didn't do readings, was a very private man, no point in asking, etc. I asked, he accepted, was very pleasant, and did the reading. When told how surprised we were that he had accepted, he said "but no-one ever asks me to do these things".

Not saying that Mr Shields will be the same, mind...

I knew it.
That fucker Coco's nothing without his studio trickery.

Expect the C section in Freebird to be swollen tomorrow.

Probably not much help, but last Monday the singer from Placebo remarked that a certain roadie that had come onstage 'used to play guitar with My Bloody Valentine', and also some other band I can't remember..

I've a bootleg of Coco and Fat Bearded.... improvising live in Osolo '87 at home, its class you can eactually hear the sealions hemroging. Wonderous

Of course in retrospect its all very sad, what with the tragic death of F.B.O's flautist Sven Svenburgerstien in '89. When I think about that donkey on that beach......sends shivers down the spine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back