justice's debut album. (1 Viewer)

Yeah Waters of Nazerath is a great tune alright. I'm particulary fond of the Erol Alkan edit. Has anyone heard the Justice mix of Blood On Our Hands by Death From Above 1979? Or their mix of the Fallen by Franz Ferdinand? They're both crackers.

theres about 4 deadly tracks on this, the rest ranges from average to filler.
genesis, dance and waters of nazareth are the best things on the album.
that 'party' tune with uffie? is a fucking travesty.

Yeah Waters of Nazerath is a great tune alright. I'm particulary fond of the Erol Alkan edit. Has anyone heard the Justice mix of Blood On Our Hands by Death From Above 1979? Or their mix of the Fallen by Franz Ferdinand? They're both crackers.

That DFA remix is great...the best thing on the album by far. Infact i think the popularity of the remixes of the DFA tunes led to them splitting up and concentrating on MSTRKRFT.

I think Simian Mobile Disco are complete chancers. Back in 2001 when they released their first snooze fest of an album as Simian they were trying to cash in on the whole new acoustic movement comprised of Turin Brakes and other assorted cunts. The following year they realised that everyone was sick of mopey pricks with acoustic guitars so they jumped on to the nearest bandwagon and tried to rip off the strokes. Around the same time they put the accapella of "never be alone" up on the XFM website for a remix competition. Justice entered their version (Justice vs Simian - We Are Your Friends) but Simian hated it and it only came third in the competition. Fast forward a couple of years and Simian are called Simian Mobile Disco and they're desperately trying to rip off Justice aho'd they dismissed only a few years previously. How long do you reckon before they put out a baile funk album?

you're bang on re justice and the remixes they've done, some of which are amazing but that's pretty harsh on simian
they weren't really part of that new acoustic movement tbh and the strokes? sorry man but they never sounded anything like them
those were two really good albums they released (and a few brilliant EPs), unfortunately the second album bombed and their record company dropped them, but simian mobile disco had been on the go for at least a year at that stage (two of the lads from the band) - i went to see them in late 2001/early 2002 in london, not sure if justice was on the go then?
SMD and Justice are pretty similar alright but SMD ripping off Justice? c'mon, they have plenty of ideas of their own, they're not ripping anyone off
ok, maybe they're plundering the 80s but Justice is sure as hell doing that too as are several others

I think Simian Mobile Disco are complete chancers. Back in 2001 when they released their first snooze fest of an album as Simian they were trying to cash in on the whole new acoustic movement comprised of Turin Brakes and other assorted cunts.

huh?? u must have the wrong album and band in mind. the first Simian album Chemistry Is What We Are was classy psych stuff because they were off their heads on acid at the time and trying to rip off silver apples and united states of america. SMD is ok - a couple of decent tracks like Its the Beat - but nowhere as good as that first simian album.

Is it worth downloading? Seeing as how my entire music collection features no dance music whatsoever except Whigfields genre defining Saturday Night.

Sure why let yourself get lost in the music when you can be attempting to work out

Types of synths used
Time-signature changes
Sample sources
Whether it is micro-ketamine-house or ketamine-micro-house

For the record I thought Justice were a BLAST at Primavera! Mad craic altogether. Anyone going to Oxegen I implore ye to check 'em out!

Bought it on sunday, some great songs on it, but alot of filler. Was expecting alot better judging by the reviews/hype.

I was looking for something tantamount to a musical kick in the nuts and all I got was a slap

like most house-orientated music, it's best enjoyed on drugs.
they're ridiculous live, they've got this massive fake-sixties-synth-cum-alter with a huge glowing cross in the middle, and more marshall cabs than guns'n'roses... i liked it.

erah, they're grand. just don't do it for me. live neither, but i may have been on the wrong sort of drugs.

i just think commercial dance music has been in a lull for a while, and these guys are getting a big push, which their outpupt probably doesn't justify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back