justice's debut album. (1 Viewer)

but it's not unlike the old one
the ed banger shizzle is a bit hyped at the moment
justice live > sebastian live tho
they have a light-up +

i don't get it at all.

ed banger + small army of artists + press lovebombing = over hyped baloney.

they're not bad, but...it's not exactly a great leap from, say, Cassius.

It's the same with that album by The Fields. Nuts ott reviews, and it's totally underwhelming.

Has dance music gone rubbish again, and no-one's telling?

in the same vein, anyone heard simian mobile discos record, also out this week i think. that track "its the beat" is class. their bugged out comp was good.

day part was enjoyable enough- haswell & hecker and planningtorock were highlights. missed lots of things i wanted to see during the day too. the night was a horrorfest. couldn't get out of there fast enough on friday and didn't bother going back on saturday. the whole thing left me a bit jaded really...

I think Simian Mobile Disco are complete chancers. Back in 2001 when they released their first snooze fest of an album as Simian they were trying to cash in on the whole new acoustic movement comprised of Turin Brakes and other assorted cunts. The following year they realised that everyone was sick of mopey pricks with acoustic guitars so they jumped on to the nearest bandwagon and tried to rip off the strokes. Around the same time they put the accapella of "never be alone" up on the XFM website for a remix competition. Justice entered their version (Justice vs Simian - We Are Your Friends) but Simian hated it and it only came third in the competition. Fast forward a couple of years and Simian are called Simian Mobile Disco and they're desperately trying to rip off Justice aho'd they dismissed only a few years previously. How long do you reckon before they put out a baile funk album?

you're the noam chomsky of musical fads

i thought justice were great at primavera, although i was off my proverbial face at the time

justice albums not quite as earth shattering as i was expecting it to be but still some really great songs on there, genesis and d.a.n.c.e. spring to mind.

not rushing to check simian mobile discos though..thought hustler was a good tune and theyve done a couple fun remixes but asides from that got bored of em pretty quick

day part was enjoyable enough- haswell & hecker and planningtorock were highlights. missed lots of things i wanted to see during the day too. the night was a horrorfest. couldn't get out of there fast enough on friday and didn't bother going back on saturday. the whole thing left me a bit jaded really...

sonar by night is a bit much. feels like homelands or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back