Just wondering... (1 Viewer)

vermilliona

(Retired)
If someone reports you for tax fraud can you find out who they are? Happened to someone I know and shes wondering. She was minding kids getting cash in hand and has just got a letter from the revenue.

I dont know the system at all. Was just googling it but its not working?

Awful thing to rat someone out like that, but it sounds as though she was bound to be found out sooner or later. Especially for something like child-minding (where you would come into contact with parents, etc). It could have been the parent of a kid she was minding -- she may have pissed them off over something petty. People are jerks and when you're doing something which is technically illegal (such as tax fraud) they are happy to turn you in.

yeah the entire system is to protect the snitchers, otherwise, who'd snitch?

yeah it's tough, but if that's the life you choose, then they're the risks you face.

I very much doubt you can find out who ratted em out.

Yeah I'd say not. I know you used to be able because that's why noone did it. I'm almost sure they changed it but its not on any website.

Ah well its done now

What minding kids or reporting her?

reporting her of course!

making a few extra bob by child minding hardly makes her public enemy number one

It just seems like a small minded nasty thing to do to someone- in this case

Awful thing to rat someone out like that, but it sounds as though she was bound to be found out sooner or later. Especially for something like child-minding. It could have been the parent of a kid she was minding -- she may have pissed them off over something petty. People are jerks and when you're doing something which is technically illegal (such as tax fraud) they are happy to rat on someone who has made them mad.
technically illegal?
is she signing on too? cos then you've social welfare fraud in there too. is that technically illegal? what's the difference between really illegal and technically illegal?

maybe the parents declared child minding services in their tax return....
not their fault and didnt know she didnt declare herself....
not snitching at all.....

maybe the parents declared child minding services in their tax return....
not their fault and didnt know she didnt declare herself....
not snitching at all.....

Good point. In fairness, I do get a bit irked that I pay taxes and some people don't even though they may earn the same / more than I do. On the other hand, I love it when people fuck the gubment over.

Everyone does a nixer now and then

Isn't there an allowance, you can earn up to a certain amount before you have to pay tax on it?

I pretty much doubt the Taxman knows who reported her either.

Most of those calls are anonymous and people don't want to leave their names. It's not as if there's a reward offered.

People are strange.

And they wouldn't tell you even if they did. There's this little thing called The Official Secrets Act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back