Just Signed up for Twitter (5 Viewers)

the same happened at the last few Neil Young gigs. I didn't go last night but was at the 2 before that and it was the exact same thing. A couple of long wig-outs, a few songs that weren't on his greatest hits album and people go ape-shit. I thought they were great gigs and have no doubt I'd have loved that last night.

People eh?

caitlin moran tweets about nigella lawsons boobs pretty often.

today she is giving out shit to nick griffin mep dickhead guy for vaguely referencing nigellas boobs.

Also - poor nigella.

I'm not one to defend Caitlin Moran, almost categorically, but I think it might have been the other element of his comment that came off the most offensive. Pair of gobshites the two of them, either way.

I'm not one to defend Caitlin Moran, almost categorically, but I think it might have been the other element of his comment that came off the most offensive. Pair of gobshites the two of them, either way.

ah yeah - the number of comments about nigella's boobs like that per day, and the number of comments about boobs in general that are like that, its just caitlin moran opportuning to profile up a bit by baiting the easiest person to bait on all of twitter.

maybe i missed another comment, but i'm pretty sure men like to squeeze boobs and its kinda part of the whole mating thing that human do.

anyways, i shoulda put this in minor complaints.

and i shouldn't even have been reading it in the first place.

ah yeah - the number of comments about nigella's boobs like that per day, and the number of comments about boobs in general that are like that, its just caitlin moran opportuning to profile up a bit by baiting the easiest person to bait on all of twitter.

maybe i missed another comment, but i'm pretty sure men like to squeeze boobs and its kinda part of the whole mating thing that human do.

anyways, i shoulda put this in minor complaints.

and i shouldn't even have been reading it in the first place.

Yeah but is the thing not that Griffin was making a joke about how Nigella is the victim of domestic violence? I don't think making gags about the victims of assault is a cool thing to do.

Also, the gag was about as funny as a loved one dying.

Yep, what Unicron said. He's an awful fucking eejit, and it couldn't have been less funny.

He made a joke saying he'd have sexually molested her instead of just physically assaulting her. He's such a rotter.

In other twitter related malarky. Nialler9 stuck one of me tweets in the Indo Day & Night yoke on Friday and MDR had one the previous week. Just waiting for the internet money to come rolling in.

Yep, what Unicron said. He's an awful fucking eejit, and it couldn't have been less funny.

My point is that its pretty much in tune with what caitlin and everybody else says all the time, and its interpreted in certain way because nick griffin said it. Its also an oafish way of saying saatchi doesn't know how to treat a woman - Its also just a way for moran to pick up more followers. Best way to deal with griffin is to just block him and not give him any airtime at all. Troll feeding and all that.

If there is no statement from Nigella's side, then we are realistically looking at about 6 tabloid photo's which look awful, saatchi's statement and an awful lot of tabloid conjecture.

Nobody should really be commenting on it at all till her lawyers or the police or someone make a statement on her behalf.

But the context of the photos and the reason they've got any traction is that Saatchi's physical contact with her didn't appear to be consensual. It's impossible to tell for definite from those still images but that's how they've been framed in publication. If the images were a goofy, for camera display with Saatchi pretending to throttle her in good fun for some reason and her playing along (still be a bit weird but bear with me) then his comment wouldn't be nearly as ill judged, offensive and unfunny.

Yeah saatchi's actions look scary in the pictures, and his statement looks like swiss cheese - but neither of those things actually put 'sexual molestation' in griffins comment.

As it stands as a story the only solid elements are the pictures and saatchi's statement - the most confirming factor is possibly cailtin moran going off on one on twitter with a supertroll, if she is mates with nigella.

Yeah saatchi's actions look scary in the pictures, and his statement looks like swiss cheese - but neither of those things actually put 'sexual molestation' in griffins comment.

It can be quite easily inferred, given the context:
"If I had the opportunity to squeeze Nigella Lawson, her throat wouldn't be my first choice."

You're free not to see why this reads like he's making a joke about molesting her but that's what it reads like to me and likely others. I dunno what Moran had to say about it, I agree that getting in a RAEG about his comments is low hanging fruit and probably only serves his agenda.

I is John is Lili Marlene?

jaykers

Hi! I may revert back actually.

what's the buzz with twitter and real names? do yiz all use your real names or what?

I'd never had an internet handle under my actual name before as it was always taken. The benefits to signing up in 2007 or whenever it was. Twitter is very public so it feels kind of right, weirdly. I do sometimes change my name on it though

I is John is Lili Marlene?

jaykers

what's the buzz with twitter and real names? do yiz all use your real names or what?

I signed up as @ATreeWithRoots but they changed the way profiles look, so now my real name appears first, with my @handle to the right of it. I could change it I presume, but keep forgetting/ not caring

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back