Just Signed up for Twitter (1 Viewer)

The lustre has worn off it for me a bit. Outrage of the day wears you down. It isn't a decent medium for discussion of complex ideas. I get the impression that many other people are browned off with it.

This Live-Tweeting of a Couple's Breakup Is Better Than Most Movies

This Live-Tweeting of a Couple's Breakup Is Better Than Most Movies
ku-xlarge.jpg

Brooklyn-based writer and comic Kyle Ayers swears it happened this way:

He was hanging out on the rooftop of his apartment building, just enjoying the view with a few other people, when a couple suddenly showed up and started breaking up in front of everyone.

"A couple is breaking up on my roof right now," he tweeted Saturday evening. "I was just trying to enjoy the view. Now I will live tweet the breakup."

And so, with the help of the hashtag #roofbreakup, Ayers proceeded to do just that, as thousands followed along rapt with wonder.

In the end, not even the promise of pizza could save this failed relationship, and that basically says it all.

And "I'm not talking about love on a roof in Brooklyn" is this generation's "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

a gripe I have with people on twitter. You know when you get 10 tweets from someone advertising some amazing weight loss product or other. When the person who's account they come from finally twig and they proudly announce to the world that their account has been hacked.

Like fuck it has. You used some fucking cabbage password that the simplest fucking korn shell script was able to figure out, then took advantage of your stupidity by advertising it to the world by tweeting about some product that probably doesn't even exist.

What makes those people think they're so fucking important that someone would go to the time and effort to hack their account? Like. It'd be different if it was obama or britney spears or someone. But not jeff who studies journalism and used to play bass in some band in hackney.

thats all.

a gripe I have with people on twitter. You know when you get 10 tweets from someone advertising some amazing weight loss product or other. When the person who's account they come from finally twig and they proudly announce to the world that their account has been hacked.

Like fuck it has. You used some fucking cabbage password that the simplest fucking korn shell script was able to figure out, then took advantage of your stupidity by advertising it to the world by tweeting about some product that probably doesn't even exist.

What makes those people think they're so fucking important that someone would go to the time and effort to hack their account? Like. It'd be different if it was obama or britney spears or someone. But not jeff who studies journalism and used to play bass in some band in hackney.

thats all.

I always assume it's because they've downloaded something ropey onto their computer that included a trojan horse/keylogger. You reckon it's just because a script brute forced their account with the list of 100 most common passwords?

I always assume it's because they've downloaded something ropey onto their computer that included a trojan horse/keylogger. You reckon it's just because a script brute forced their account with the list of 100 most common passwords?
actually no I don't. But my post was more about the reaction to it.

Admittedly it was way over the top. I think I must have had a dodgy 'moment' when I posted that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back