Jumper - Too violent for a 6-year-old? (1 Viewer)

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
He's not mine but I have him for Saturday and I do not fancy sitting through The Water Horse.
His favourite film is Jaws and he's seen all the Spiderman films, so I hardly think this is a stretch.
More worried about him keeping his mouth shut afterwards, his mother won't even let him have toy guns!
I know probably not many here have seen it, but it's rated 12s A. He's 6 in March.

Thanks

Ah i dunno..I've a bit of a thing about this..I think age ratings are set for kids for a reason. Even if the film doesn't appear to be too violent for the child sometimes there are concepts that are too mature for them to take in. Also sometimes the camera work and action is too hyperactive for a child below a certain age to watch and it's over stimulating for them.

Actually, I had to stop my son watching manga-type cartoons like Pokemon and Yuikyo when he was smaller because he was literally in a daze after watching them..the action and animation is literally lightening speed and it's near fit-inducing!!. He would be really irritable, hyper and dazed after watching them adn couldn't concentrate on anything for ages afterwards. Other carttons like Ben 10 etc. he'd be fine after. We went to see the Hulk movie when it came out and like that I thought it would be fine - even asked at the counter would it be ok and they said yes. But the opening credits scared the shit out of him..and he's not an easily freaked out kid! We ended up having to go and he was pretty upset..i felt terrible and haven't brought him to anything over his age since.

Maybe go see National Treasure: Book of Secrets instead..it's PG, Bee Movie is still in some cinemas, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium or in the IFI this: http://entertainment.ie/movie_review/Azur-and-Asmar:-The-Princes'-Quest/5491.htm

From what I've been told, it's prob too shit for a six year old.

violence and all is grand if the film is good. Just tell him "It's only a film".

take him to the film. he'll think that you're a legend forever and he will always love you and honour your advice and that's what's important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back