Games/Activities for 2 year old boys (1 Viewer)

CinnamonBoy

I see my lad on weekends, so when I get there his mother is like: there's your son, play with him all day. This is fine by me, but I find myself struggling to think of ways to keep him amused. Out in the garden kicking ball/checking out random shit is great, but as the weather gets bad this will be out for the most part. I can play for hours with my nieces because they can talk, are obsessed with hide and seek, and I can have all kinds of craic with them a lot easier.

Any ideas anyone? Ideally, he'll learn stuff, have fun, and not just want to sit around watching Nick Jr.

I should also mention that he has the energy of an Olympic athlete tweaked out on bath salts.

2 is a tricky one alright.I'm barrrrutttalll with kids that age.But once he's yapping you'll be sound as a euro.

Playground is the best.Even if its freezing,they don't care.Wrap him up well and hit the park and playground and let him run around like mental.
Kids that age are very much like dogs..give em a bit of a run and they're a lot easier to deal with.

2 is a tricky one alright.I'm barrrrutttalll with kids that age.But once he's yapping you'll be sound as a euro.

Playground is the best.Even if its freezing,they don't care.Wrap him up well and hit the park and playground and let him run around like mental.
Kids that age are very much like dogs..give em a bit of a run and they're a lot easier to deal with.

Absolutely, he'll stay in the garden for hours. Problem is, if he's in any way sick with a snuffle or whatnot, his mother wants him indoors. He likes wrecking shit and will generally keep himself amused but I'd like to play some games with him, and maybe even get his brain going a bit.

Thanks folks. Got some shapes things and he loves them. You can tell by the smug grin on his face when he completes one. He already has lots of blocks. Which he builds up and then smashes as hard as possible on the ground. He likes books but the problem is he's half Polish and I believe bi-lingual kids take longer to start talking so he has his own mix of blabbery English and Polish, therefore it's a little hard to point at things and try and tell him the names of animals or whatever and keep his attention. He probably thinks I'm a retard speaking in a ridiculous mono-language.

I like the sound of that hitting guys on the head with a hammer thing. I'll look into that one.

little musical intruments they can bash are always good too. My eldest uesd to love hitting little drums and a toy piano to the tune of fireman sam/bob the builder around that age.
Trains too, 2-3 was all about trains as far as I recall.

Reading to him will help with language development, as does avoiding giving everything cute baby names.

Reading to him will help with language development, as does avoiding giving everything cute baby names.

This!

We never dumbed the auld lingo down for our Daisy..and she talks like an Ivy League professor now.[prouddadsmiley]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back