Judge orders drug addict to stop having children (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
ROCHESTER, New York (AP) -- A Family Court judge who last year stirred debate about parental responsibilities ordered a second drug-addicted woman to have no more children until she proves she can look after the seven she already has.

The 31-year-old mother, identified in court papers only as Judgette W., lost custody of her children, ranging in age from eight months to 12 years, in child-neglect hearings dating back to 2000. Six are in foster care at state expense and one lives with an aunt.

The youngest child and two others tested positive for cocaine at birth and all seven "were removed from her care and custody because she could not and did not take care of them," Judge Marilyn O'Connor said in a December 22 decision made public Tuesday.

"Because every child born deserves a mother and a father, or at the very least a mother or a father, this court is once again taking this unusual step of ordering this biological mother to conceive no more children until she reclaims her children from foster care or other caretakers," O'Connor wrote.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/05/children.ruling.ap/index.html

anyone see this on the BBC recently

http://www.open2.net/someonetowatch/about.html

very disturbing and upsetting.

I saw one episode which had some charming neglectful parents whinging about how the "snobby stuck up social workers are all out to get them" - perhaps they shouldn't have left over 200 bottles of piss and bags of shit in their house with a four year old boy running around it (I wish I was making this up).

How do these people exist?

on the main menu screen it just says "judge orders drug addict to..."
and i was kinda hoping the rest of the line would be "smoke a whole carton of drugs until he's sick of them"

shame

probably for the best re: the kids thing though

andrew

this should be done more often and here in Ireland. I work in a shop in north dublin and just the other witnessed a "young wan" call her child a "fucking thick" and a "little cunt" in front of the whole shop before proceeding to slap her a few times pretty hard and all because the child knocked something over by accident.Realisticly there is no hope for this child and she will probably treat her kids the same way.There is hundreds of parent/child situations like this all over dublin and its a constantly repeating cycle.

brian/heathons said:
this should be done more often and here in Ireland. I work in a shop in north dublin and just the other witnessed a "young wan" call her child a "fucking thick" and a "little cunt" in front of the whole shop before proceeding to slap her a few times pretty hard and all because the child knocked something over by accident.Realisticly there is no hope for this child and she will probably treat her kids the same way.There is hundreds of parent/child situations like this all over dublin and its a constantly repeating cycle.
Jesus yeah, I've seen enough of this. It's sickening to witness. It's a real vicious circle for those kids. But it doesn't always mean that the kid will grow up bad.

boigaz said:
Jesus yeah, I've seen enough of this. It's sickening to witness. It's a real vicious circle for those kids. But it doesn't always mean that the kid will grow up bad.
sure i agree the child will not always grow up bad but being raised in this kind of enviroment is a text book case of classical conditioning and behaviourist approach to learning.for example you can teach an ape or dolphin to perform any action by awarding them food when they perform said action.They associate doing the task with being rewarded hence classical conditioning.therefore the child that is constanrtly abused verbally and physically when they make a mistake instead of being corrected learns that if someone makes a mistake they should be verbally abused and physically abused.this builds an anger up in the child over the years which they will eventually vent on their own children.then the cycle repeats............not neccacarily true in all cases but a strong theory nonetheless.

spiritualtramp said:
people should not breed unless they can take care of their kids.

Jesus Spiritualtramp!

Ok, this lady has neglected her responsibilities as a mother, she is guilty of both pre and post natal child abuse. The government has taken it upon themselves to remove the children from this situation. What are they going to do if she gets pregnant again.... make her neck a bottle of gin and throw her down the stairs? Force her to abort? Or should they just sterilise her now, along with anyone else they believe might, at some time in the future, make a bad mother?

How can people talk about the poor children and how they'll be locked into a viscious cycle of whatever, and not extend this understanding to the mother's situation? I can't imagine that she grew up in a particularly functional household. In fact, I'd say it's quite likely that she grew up in a loveless household with strong chances of sexual, physical and mental abuse. That happen to any of you guys?
She may have grown up in a nice neighbourhood with a relatively good school, or she may have grown up in a horrible neighbourhood where drug addiction is an all to grim norm for young people. Anyone here grow up somewhere like that?
Anyone here have six kids?
A crippling addiction to crack?

Alternatively she may be an educated white woman from a good neighbourhood and a strong, supportive family. But we just don't know.

I'm sure plenty of people in other cultures would see the way Westerners raise our children and believe we are guilty of mulitiple forms of abuse- physical (obesity, malnutrition, chemical poisoning through medicines etc), mental (subjecting them to the evils of popular culture that encourage materialism, deflated confidence self loathing and celebrity worship), spiritual (again, materialism replacing any sense of spirituality) etc. Fortunately they can't tell us whether or not we should be allowed to 'breed'. We'd be in trouble if they could.

I'm not equating our crappy culture with bearing a child addicted to crack, but I don't believe it is anybody's place to dictate whether or not a person should be allowed to have a child or not. That's heading into scary Nazi territory right there. Very basic violation of human rights for the sake of teaching one woman out of however many people live in the US a lesson...... tut tut.

this judge is the dude

judge.jpg

I remember some "High Fiver" coming into me in the old job, propping her 2 year old AIDS baby on the counter and handing her a cigarette saying, "Hold this and fucking shut up!" while she signed something.

Cunt's dead now.

Can't say I'm not glad.

Tragically so is the poor kid.

I have a lot of compassion. But that was just a bit too much even for me.

Ah, the stories I could tell yis.

aoifed said:
she may have grown up in a horrible neighbourhood where drug addiction is an all to grim norm for young people. Anyone here grow up somewhere like that?

Alternatively she may be an educated white woman from a good neighbourhood and a strong, supportive family. But we just don't know.

I did. And I turned out okay. See my post above. A bit of fambly planning wouldn't have gone amiss but no, she decided to bring an already doomed child into this world to abuse and torture until her untimely and wrongful death.

What sort of society allows that to happen?

Although I wouldn't go so far as neutering people (like some of our wonderful European neighbours have done in the seventies), perhaps some form of counselling/health board that works might be a better option. The Health Board knew all about the woman in question and yet no attempt was made to protect the child, until it was too late. You want to know why? Because the child was already dead in their eyes. That how cynical the system has become.

And I reckon they only took the baby in the end to "assist".

That's the big bad world you're going to head into.

I hope you can change it for the better.

Kids are the most precious thing we have.

Goff, I'm not trying to start a wee battle with you here. I am, however, pointing out the absurdity of you saying 'cunts dead now, can't say I'm not glad' and 'I have a lot of compassion' in one post. No need for contextualisation there. Sounds like you're campaigning for the death sentence to be reintroduced.
I know people intimately who've had some terrible terrible things happen to them both as children and adults and I would never wish death on the people who perpetrated these repulsive acts. Maybe if it was me or my own child I might, but I cant say.
For the sustenance of basic human rights and freedom, I wish that people never have judicial powers of death or procreation over one another.

aoifed said:
Sounds like you're campaigning for the death sentence to be reintroduced.

Ah jasus, Aoifed, not at all.

I'm very much agin the death penalty. It's just that I've seen some pretty rotten things in my work. And child abuse is the worst. However, as you say, if it was my child....I already know the answer to that one. Death is the sentence for that one. Re the "Cunt" in question, I went out of my way to help her and to get her help thru the Health Board thru a friend and for a while, it all went swimmingly, until she turned on her and tried to stick her with a syringe, for no reason whatsoever. None of the other CWO's would deal with her.

Yet my friend still wanted to help her.

So she did.

Then yer wan died.

After years of dealing with it, you tend to think like "The Man".

Threatening someone with a syringe is a cuntish thing to do. I understand where angry/ addicted people may be coming from, but I couldn't condone that shit.

Working with a lot of angry people who don't tend to show any gratitude when you try to help them is pretty ungratifying and draining. The burn out rate is really high. Maybe if they paid us as well as judges we'd be able to work better for longer. I've been there, it's tiring and I expect that I'll run out of energy and patience in time. By that stage I'll be on my way to being a famous rock star or the boss of the UN so it won't matter inanyways.

WELL CAROL KORNACKY HAD KIDS WHILE SHE WAS STILL ON DRUGS.SHE IS NOT EVEN ASHAMED OF IT.SHE LOVES ALL THE NEGATIVE ATTENTION DONT YOU CAROL.SHE BOASTS ABOUT HER DAD RAPING HER AND HER SISTERS AND URINATING ON EACHOTHER TO KEEP WARM.AND IN STEAD OF DRINKING NORMAL WATER SHE HAD TO DRINK OUT OF THE TOILET.AND EVERYBODY OPENS HIS MOUTH.OOOOOH THATS WHAT THIS SICK LIAR WANTS ATTENTION.WELL HERE YOU HAVE SOME ATTENTION KORNACKY OOOOOOH.SICK WOMAN.

WELL CAROL KORNACKY HAD KIDS WHILE SHE WAS STILL ON DRUGS.SHE IS NOT EVEN ASHAMED OF IT.SHE LOVES ALL THE NEGATIVE ATTENTION DONT YOU CAROL.SHE BOASTS ABOUT HER DAD RAPING HER AND HER SISTERS AND URINATING ON EACHOTHER TO KEEP WARM.AND IN STEAD OF DRINKING NORMAL WATER SHE HAD TO DRINK OUT OF THE TOILET.AND EVERYBODY OPENS HIS MOUTH.OOOOOH THATS WHAT THIS SICK LIAR WANTS ATTENTION.WELL HERE YOU HAVE SOME ATTENTION KORNACKY OOOOOOH.SICK WOMAN.

Why the fuck are you pm'ing me?You fucking freakshow.Fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back